IDC's Worldwide Consumer Market Model provides the most important demographic, technological, and commercial consumer internet metrics for all worldwide regions and 51 countries. For each subject covered, it delivers both current numbers and a five-year forecast for a total of more than half a million data points. The Worldwide Consumer Market Model offers a detailed view of internet demographics, access devices and broadband households, digital activities, ecommerce, and digital advertising. Data is presented as totals and is broken down between mobile and desktop where applicable. Digital activity and ecommerce data, in addition to spending on activities, goods, and services also include numbers on consumer cloud usage and the sharing economy.
This product publishes IDC's market sizing and forecasts for the following subject matters and geographies:
- All worldwide regions and 51 countries
- User numbers and internet access devices
- Household broadband penetration
- B2B and B2C ecommerce (desktop and mobile)
- Desktop and mobile internet advertising
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Socioeconomic data
- Internet users
- Access devices and broadband households
- Time spent online
- Digital activities (e.g., search, video, gaming, and desktop/mobile)
- B2B and B2C ecommerce, including the consumer cloud and sharing economy
- Advertising spending — traditional/digital, digital by advertising format (mobile and desktop search, display, video, and other), mobile by device type and by browser-based ads versus in-app ads, and social ad spend as a cross-section of ad formats
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
- Semiannual database release
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which activities drive the most spending?
- Which are the segments in which regions are growing the fastest?
- Which online activities offer the biggest revenue opportunity?
- How much money is spent advertising various products/services?
- What are the latest trends in mobile advertising?
IDC's Worldwide Consumer Market Model is the only model that provides blanket data for the most important consumer internet metrics for 51 countries, the regions, and the world, based on one consistent model. More than half a million data points cover basic socioeconomic data, user numbers, access device numbers, home broadband internet access penetration, time spent online, online activities, B2B and B2C ecommerce spending, and digital advertising. The Worldwide Consumer Market Model is delivered as a semiannual Excel database and contains current market sizing, a five-year forecast, and historical numbers going back to 2009.