IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker® greatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic storage market. Understanding which global markets and segments are growing and knowing the quarterly adoption curve for new products have become business-critical needs for enterprise storage vendors, supply chain partners, and the financial community. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific vendor and product-line detail across all storage segments. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker presents market data in an easy-to-use, interactive format allowing clients to easily view specific submarkets in customizable layouts.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurements for this tracker are in vendor revenue, value, units, terabytes, price per gigabyte, gigabyte per unit, and ASP.
- Company, vendor, brand, and product brand
- Product category group/product category: External OEM, internal OEM, and ODM Direct/External RAID, compute intensive, storage intensive, and storage expansion
- Topology/installation: Direct, mainframe networked, and open networked/DAS, ESCON/FICON, NAS, and SAN
- Data access: FICON, Ethernet file/object, Ethernet block, Fibre Channel and HCI, DAS, and other
- Additional tech splits: Data organization, OS, price band, storage class, object-based storage, storage array type, scalability, and media type (available only in terabytes, delivered in a separate pivot table)
- Measurements: Units, terabytes, vendor revenue, and value
- Five-year forecast by product category group, product category, topology, installation, data access, data organization, OS, price band, storage array type, and storage class in terabytes and value
Optional Content Add-Ons
- External storage segment and channel data available only by company, vendor, brand, topology, installation, and data access in units, terabytes, and value
- Segments: Education, government, very large business (1,000+ employees), large business (500–999 employees), medium-sized business (100–499 employees), small business (1–99 employees)
- Channel: Direct and indirect
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan and China) (13): Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and the rest of Asia/Pacific
- Central and Eastern Europe (7): Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine, and the rest of CEE
- Latin America (11): Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, and the rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (16): Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Kenya, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, the rest of Africa, and the rest of the Middle East.
- United States
- Western Europe (16): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Quarterly data
- Historical data
- Five-year forecast data (eight quarters and three years)
- Excel pivot table
- Query tool