IDC's Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Networking is utilized widely by internal competitive intelligence, marketing, sales support, and field sales teams. The service provides voice and data networking vendors with the intelligence and analysis to create winning price and product positioning strategies. This research offering includes real-time pricing intelligence on new products and changes to existing products; details on MSRP, promotions, and channel pricing; and end-user deal intelligence on volume discounts, configurations, and contract terms for license and service agreements. Delivery to clients is via IDC's Data Products portal and via inquiry.
This product covers the following segments of the voice and data networking market:
- Wireless networking
- Firewall and security
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Comparison of product features and functions
- Comparison of delivery SaaS versus on premises
- Detailed technical product information
- Pricing list, channel, and maintenance
- Real deal transaction information
- Pricing history
- Services profiles and comparisons
Internet access to data and analysis tools is provided via IDC's Pricing eValuator website. The tools and services available to clients include the following:
- Price and specifications database includes list-, street-, and distributor-level pricing as well as specifications, historical pricing, and product availability information.
- Market monitor provides continuous analysis of the pricing marketplace by integrating real-time pricing with written spot analysis.
- Promotions database includes detailed information on current promotions and rebates. Full promotion descriptions, pricing, and valid offer dates are included.
- IDC updates detail price and promotion changes and new product announcements as they happen, emphasizing fast delivery of pricing data so clients can react rapidly.
- Custom consulting is available for special projects.
- Easy-to-use configuration builder and product comparison tools are available.
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How do component costs affect overall system prices and vendor selling strategies?
- What are the defining issues and predictors of pricing over the next year?
- Which vendors initiate/dominate price leadership in the marketplace?
- How do technology changes affect the procurement decisions of major corporate buyers?
IDC's Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Networking product examines how vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the networking market. IDC analyzes the product strategies, competitive positioning, financial viability, and overall strategic direction of major providers in the networking market. Geographies tracked include the United States, Canada, most European countries, and many countries in Asia. Examples of companies tracked include:
Aerohive, Arista, Avaya, Broadcom-Brocade, Cisco, Dell, Extreme, Forescout, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Juniper, Meraki, Meru, and RUCKUS.