IDC's Latin America Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker® provides detailed and timely information on the global mobile phone market for device vendors. It delivers quarterly insightful analysis of the traditional (feature phone) and smartphone markets' shares for many key markets in Latin America including Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, the rest of Central America, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, the rest of the Caribbean, and the rest of Latin America. The research brings a quarterly Excel pivot table product that details the performance of the market's individual players and answers important product-planning and product-positioning questions. It also provides rolling eight-quarter and five-year forecasts by country and device type. Historical details include nearly two dozen phone details such as input method (touchscreen, QWERTY, and alphanumeric, among others), generation (2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G), air interface (LTE Advanced, LTE, HSPA, EDGE, and GPRS, among others), operating system (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry, among others), NFC, digital camera resolution and megapixels bands, video player, music player, GPS-enabled device, Wi-Fi capabilities, and price bands.
This tracker provides the total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments and market value.
- Feature phones
- Channel splits: Retail, telco, direct, etailer, and others
- First tier channel
- Segment splits: Consumer and commercial
- Model view (not included in the standard deliverable)
- Forecast installed base (available only semiannually)
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, the rest of Central America, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, the rest of the Caribbean, and the rest of Latin America)
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
- Price band forecast data (not included in the standard deliverable)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include two years of quarterly forecasts and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core forecast coverage:
- Device type
- Air interface
- Operating system
- Price band forecast (not included in the standard deliverable)