IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Asia/Pacific Quarterly PC Monitor Tracker
The Asia/Pacific PC monitor market has undergone a major shift to LCDs, and both traditional monitor vendors and PC vendors are trying to differentiate their LCD offerings. Even as the LCD replacement market grows, PC monitor volumes are also being stimulated by bundles with new usage models, such as monitors attached with thin clients, diskless PCs, multiple displays, and bundles with notebooks. Established for more than 10 years and led by dedicated analysts in each country, IDC's Asia/Pacific Quarterly PC Monitor Tracker® provides timely and critical market intelligence that is essential for strategic and tactical planning of the PC monitor market in the region. It is the only product for the monitor market spanning the majority of countries in the Asia/Pacific region. This product captures, analyzes, and factors channel shifts, end-user uptake, vendor tactics, price undercutting, large local projects/tenders, and attractive bundles and promotions, all done at the ground level by IDC's expert analysts.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in shipment units and end-user revenue.
- Form factor: CRT and LCD
- Market: Bundled versus non-bundled
- Aspect type: Widescreen and non-widescreen
- Others: Interface, backlight, tuner, aspect ratio, curve, resolution, and panel type
- Asia/Pacific excluding Japan (Australia, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Rest of Asia/Pacific)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include two years of quarterly forecasts and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the country level. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage:
- Unit and end-user value forecasts by form factor, aspect type, size, backlight, market (bundled and non-bundled), tuner, and segment.
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Preliminary data
- Historical data
- Forecast data