Asia/Pacific Quarterly Wireless LAN Tracker
The wireless LAN equipment market is a dynamic market segment that has received much attention over the past three years. From the provisioning of public hotspots to enterprise deployment, the interest in deploying WLAN continues to grow. The vendor landscape is a mix of traditional networking players and start-ups. As a result, products in this space have continued to evolve rapidly as a way of differentiation and to meet customers' needs. IDC's Asia/Pacific Quarterly Wireless LAN Tracker® aims to provide clients with a detailed analysis of the WLAN equipment market across 13 country markets in the region. Detailed competitive analysis by product segmentation will be provided by vendors across all country markets. Product and marketing managers will find this product useful as they seek to understand the competitive dynamics as well as the direction in which the wireless LAN equipment market is headed.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments, unit, factory, and end-user revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Product class: Enterprise class and consumer class
- Deployment: Consumer, enterprise, and WLAN service provider
- Product detail: Dependent AP, independent (traditional) AP, gateway/router, NIC, and controller/router/switch
- Location: Indoor and outdoor
- Standard: 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac
- Company size: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
- Vertical markets: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, healthcare provider, transportation, telecommunications, media, utilities, construction, resource industries, federal/central government, state/local government, education, and consumer
- Hotspot: Government, WLAN service provider, and enterprise
- Five-year forecast of WLAN market by product, hotspot, business segment, and vertical
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan): 13 countries (Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) and rest of Asia/Pacific
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include two years of historical data and five years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels. Examples of the products being forecast in this tracker include:
Core Forecast Coverage:
- Dependent access points
- Independent access points