IDC Tracker® + Data Products
New Zealand Personal Systems: Compete
The PC monitor market in New Zealand has undergone tremendous growth and has become a highly mature and commoditized market place. IDC's New Zealand Personal Systems: Compete research provides timely and critical market intelligence that is necessary for the tactical and strategic planning of the local PC monitor market. The service assesses business opportunities and strategies for market players. It delivers market sizing and forecast information derived from supply- and demand-side research conducted on a quarterly basis. IDC's intimate knowledge of channel shifts, vendor tactics, price undercutting, major orders, and bundles and promotions justifying both data and forecast will be beneficial to key participants seeking to gain market share in a competitive market. IDC provides a presentation component that offers a more tailored approach to understanding the intricacies of the market in addition to monthly and quarterly data.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- LCD monitors
- Branded market (PC monitor vendors)
- OEM market (tier 1 PC vendors, such as HP Inc. and Dell)
- Signage monitors
- Quarterly Data in Pivot Table Format
- Quarterly PowerPoint Presentations
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which vendors will lead the local market, and what are their competitive strengths or potential shortcomings?
- Will price stability in the LCD panel arena result in the demand tapering off for LCD monitors?
- What are the LCD sizes that are expected to hold the strongest potential?
- What are the strategies that will lead to vendor market share gains in the PC monitor and signage market?
- Will the OEM PC monitor market continue to erode share away from the standalone vendors, and what are these branded vendors doing to combat this trend? Have they been successful?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the New Zealand monitor market, including:
Acer, AOC, Apple, Chi Mei, Dell, HP Inc., Lenovo, LG, NEC, Philips, Samsung, and ViewSonic