Asia/Pacific Semiannual Software Tracker
The Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (APEJ) packaged software market bounced back in 2016 with a strong 6.7% year-over-year growth. IDC expects the market to continue to grow in 2017, building to a value of US$38.0 billion and a CAGR of 7.9% through 2021.
Despite softening of the economy, it did not deter APEJ organizations from investing in software. It is an encouraging sign that organizations are beginning to recognize software as a key enabler in their digital transformation initiatives. There has also been a wider acceptance for public cloud services and open source technology (i.e., Hadoop, Kubernetes, and TensorFlow) even for mission-critical workloads as concerns around data sovereignty, security, portability, and most importantly, skill sets are being addressed by the vendors.
IDC's Asia/Pacific Semiannual Software Tracker® offers an in-depth look into the market, the competitive landscape, and the growth potential in the region, thus providing useful information for market players to understand and plan their resources effectively. The extensive coverage of vendor share information also enables both global and local players to benchmark themselves in terms of business growth and market penetration.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in vendor revenue share.
Core coverage (18 secondary markets, 81 functional markets):
- Application development and development software
- System infrastructure software
Optional segmentation add-on:
- Deployment type (on-premise/other software, public cloud services)
- Company size
- Operating system
Optional qualitative analysis add-on:
- Market themes — customer experience, next-gen security, software-defined storage and networking, intelligent-ERP, big data and analytics
- Competitor profiles
- Market and industry trends
- Countries in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (14): Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and the rest of APEJ
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative. Deliverables for this tracker are:
- Historical data
- Forecast data