IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide
Fueled by 3rd Platform technologies like mobile, social business, cloud, and Big Data and analytics (BDA), a new era is upon us where technologies and processes that businesses deploy are so tightly linked to their customers and markets that the boundary between the internal operations of the enterprise and its external ecosystem is rapidly disappearing. Business leaders are challenged to move their enterprises to the next level, that of digital business transformation, employing digital technologies like IoT, robotics, and artificial intelligence to create new ways of operating and growing businesses. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide sizes the technology and business dollars related to this transformation of business processes. Delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool, users can easily extract meaningful information about technology markets and industries.
This product covers the following segments of the digital transformation (DX) market:
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 2 platforms: 3rd Platform and innovation accelerator
- 3 delivery types: Cloud, noncloud, and others
- 12 technologies: Cloud infrastructure, enterprise hardware, other hardware, personal devices, business services, connectivity services, IT services, other services and materials, application development and deployment, applications, system infrastructure software, and other software
- Use cases: 360 connected customer management, smart buildings, fraud transaction monitoring, regulatory compliance reporting, contextual marketing, inventory intelligence, real-time assortment monitoring, materials optimization, advanced digital simulation, cognitive root cause, mobile inventory information management, augmented promotion optimization, distributed energy management asset performance management, and more
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation taxonomy
- Digital transformation opportunity by region, industry, technology, and use case
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What use cases are driving company DX investment?
- How does DX spending differ by region?
- Which industries are spending the most on DX?
- What technologies and services are needed for DX?
- What is the DX market opportunity?
- How much will the DX market opportunity shift by 2017 and by 2022?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Digital Transformation Taxonomy
This document defines digital transformation and the technologies included in the guide.
Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide
This document will provide a five-year forecast by 19 verticals, 5 DX areas, and 9 technologies for the United States and the rest of the world. It is updated on a semiannual cycle.