Worldwide Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide
Fueled by 3rd Platform technologies a new era is upon us where technologies and processes that businesses deploy are so tightly linked to their customers and markets that the boundary between the internal operations of the enterprise and its external ecosystem is rapidly disappearing. Business leaders are challenged to move their enterprises to the next level employing digital technologies to create new ways of operating and growing. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide sizes the technology and business dollars related to these transformations. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information technology markets, regional adoption, industries, and use cases.
This product covers the following segments of the digital transformation (DX) market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, PRC, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
- 12 technology markets: across hardware, software, services, and connectivity categories; Hardware - cloud infrastructure, enterprise hardware, other hardware, personal devices; Software - application development and deployment, applications, system infrastructure software, and other software; Services - business services, IT services, other services and materials; Connectivity - connectivity services
- 130+ use cases including: 360 Degree Customer and Client Management, Advanced Digital Simulation, Asset and Fleet Management, Asset Instrumentation, Augmented Virtual Experience, Autonomic Supply Network Optimization, Digital Grid Simulation, Dynamic Merchandise Optimization, Freight Management, Frictionless Content Realization, In-Store Contextualized Marketing, Intelligent and Predictive Grid Management, Omni-Channel Commerce System, Omni-Channel Marketing Optimization, Quality and Compliance, Robotic Healthcare, Robotic Manufacturing, Root Cause, Self-healing Assets and Augmented Maintenance, Smart Warehousing, and more
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, resource industries, retail, professional services, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and more
- 2 platforms: 3rd Platform and innovation accelerator
- 3 delivery types: Cloud, non cloud, and others
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation taxonomy
- Digital transformation opportunity by region, industry, technology, and use case
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What use cases are driving company DX investment?
- What technologies and services are needed for DX?
- What is the DX market opportunity?
- How much will the DX market opportunity shift over the forecast?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
Worldwide Digital Transformation Taxonomy
This document defines digital transformation and the technologies included in the guide.
Semiannual Digital Transformation Spending Guide
This document will provide a five-year forecast by 19 verticals, 3 platform types, 3 delivery types and 12technologies for the United States and the rest of the world. It is updated on a semiannual cycle. A separate view by 130+ use cases by 3 technologies by 19 industries by 9 regions is also published.