Worldwide Semiannual Small and Medium Business Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Small and Medium Business Spending Guide provides detail on small and midsize business (SMB) IT spending across 40 technology categories in 53 countries. SMB size categories include: 1–9 employees, 10–99 employees (total small business), 100–499 employees, and 500–999 employees (total midsize businesses). Delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool, users can easily extract meaningful information about SMB technology spending with five-year forecasts.
This product segments IT spending across the following dimensions:
- 8 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific (A three-region option is also available [Americas, EMEA, Asia/Pacific]. Also, the United States only and the United States plus worldwide only are available.)
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, Rest of Asia/Pacific, Rest of CEE, Rest of Latin America, Rest of Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 40 technology markets: Across hardware, software, and IT services categories: Hardware — Desktop/notebook, hardcopy peripherals, PC monitors, servers, storage, tablets, enterprise networks, feature phones, smartphones, and telecom equipment; Software — Cognitive/content apps, CRM, ERM, collaboration, security, and storage software; IT Services — Business services, IT services — outsourcing, project oriented, and support and training; (Additional technology detail available on a customized basis)
- 4 company size segments: 1-9, 10-99, 100-499, 500-999 employees
Twice a year, this product will address the following topics:
- Which regions and technologies are growing faster than the market average?
- How are market opportunities changing by company size categories, specific region, country, and technology?
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key SMB IT market hotspots around the world?
- How are overall SMB IT budgets allocated among different technology markets across hardware, software, and services categories?
- How quickly is SMB spending on enterprise software growing? Are major solutions like CRM and ERP penetrating emerging markets?
- How strong will near-term spending be on new capabilities like cognitive systems?
- How will SMB IT spending growth in various countries vary by company size category?
- How do SMBs in different company size categories allocate their IT spending across various technologies? How will this be changing over time?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Small and Medium Business Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by company size, geography, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop through 2022.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
Worldwide IDC SMB FutureScape Webcast
Annual webcast based on IDC SMB FutureScape, which examines the top 10 predictions for the SMB global market
IDC's Worldwide SMB Company Size Taxonomy
Detailed taxonomy explaining IDC's standard definitions and segmentation methodology