Worldwide Black Book: Standard Edition
Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book: Standard Edition is IDC's quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 89 countries. As the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data across six continents, IDC's Worldwide Black Book: Standard Edition offers a profile of the ICT market in each of the countries where IDC is currently represented.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Infrastructure: Server, external storage, enterprise network, telecom equipment, and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: Traditional PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom services: Fixed and mobile, voice and data
- Software: Applications, application development, and deployment and system infrastructure
- IT services: Outsourcing, project-oriented, support and training
- Business services
- Quarterly Delivery of Worldwide ICT Spending Forecasts
- Worldwide Black Book Query Tool
- Quarterly ICT Spending Analysis
- Historical Databook (IT Spending 1995–2017)
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key emerging markets and ICT hotspots around the world?
- What proportion of overall ICT budgets are allocated to hardware, software, and services spending?
- How do Asia/Pacific and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) differ in ICT investment strategies?
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending, including the impact of the volatility in emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- What do historical market trends teach us about the relationship between IT spending and the overall economy?
This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of the ICT market in the following countries:
Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, the rest of Africa, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, and the rest of the Middle East