Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker
IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker® is designed to assist hardware vendors and other client segments to track market trends and opportunities in the converging hardcopy peripherals markets in the EMEA region. A major focus is analysis of the rate of convergence between printers and MFPs in the hardcopy arena. The service will provide vendors with unique research for tracking and positioning multifunction peripheral (MFP) products, printers, and digital copiers, whether these are low-end consumer products, office products, or high-end production machines. Shipments and value of shipments are provided by end-user (home, small business, medium-sized business, large business, and government/education) and channel (direct inbound/outbound, direct — internet, indirect — dealer/VAR/SI, retail, etailer) segments.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments, market value, and average sales value (ASV).
- Product category: Printer, MFP, SFDC
- Product: Laser, inkjet, serial dot matrix (SDM), and line printer
- Product detail: Laser (monochrome, color, and highlight color), inkjet (monochrome, color, and high-speed inkjet), SDM (9 pin, 18 pin, 24 pin, and 28 pin), and line printer (line matrix and line character)
- Speed range: A4/letter
- End-user segments: Home, small office (1–9 employees), small business (10–99 employees), medium-sized business (100–499
- employees), large business (500–999 employees), very large
- business (1,000+ employees), government, and education
- Distribution channels: Direct – inbound/outbound, direct – internet, direct – store, indirect – dealer/VAR/SI, indirect – etailer, indirect – retail online, retail in-store
- Transactional/contractual: Transactional, contractual — MPS, contractual — BPS, and contractual — other
- Vendors: By product brand and models
- Additional product specifications: Format, base configuration, Drum, network/wireless, and others
- Optional Content Add-Ons
- - Industry (for Printer/MFP, Inkjet/Laser)
- - Installed base
- Western Europe (16): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
- Central and Eastern Europe (18): Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Rest of CIS, and Rest of SEE
- Middle East and Africa (23): Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Rest of Africa, and Rest of Middle East.
This Tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Preliminary data
- Historical data
- Forecast data
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include historical data back to 1Q96 through a five-year forecast. The five-year forecast is made up of two-year quarterly and three-year annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the worldwide, regional, and country levels. Details of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows: