IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker
IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker® provides essential and unique insights into the forces shaping the handset and smartphone markets in Western Europe, Central Eastern Europe, and Middle East and Africa. Built on the foundation of IDC's network of country-level mobile phone research, this service provides timely and detailed data on the dynamics and competitive landscape driving the mobile phone market across the region. The program provides on a quarterly basis detailed vendor shares by country, technology trends and a host of technical breakouts that will help handset vendors, component suppliers, telecom operators, content and service providers and any industry related players in their product or marketing planning and define their mobile device, application or services strategies.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in units, average selling price, and market value.
- Product category: Feature phone, smartphone
- Vendors: 150+
- Price bands: $25 bands/smartphone class
- Screen size band: 0.5 inch bands
- Air interface/generation: 2G, 2.5G, 3G, 4G/CDMA EV-DO, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, FD-LTE, TD-LTE
- Operating systems and versions: Android, Windows phone, Symbian, iOS, BlackBerry OS, Firefox OS, Sailfish OS, Tizen
- Technical attributes: Bluetooth, dual SIM, display, embedded memory band, form factor, GPS, input method, megapixels band, NFC, RAM, processor information, screen resolution
- Segments: Consumer, Education, Government, Very Large Business (1000+), Large Business (500-999), Medium Business (100-499), Small Business (10-99), Small Office (1-9)
- Channel: Direct — inbound/outbound, direct — internet, direct — store, indirect — dealer/VAR/SI, indirect — eTailer, indirect — retail online, retail in-store and indirect — telco online, telco in-store
- Model Name
- Final Tier Channel Add-On
- Installed base by country
- Western Europe (16): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
- Central and Eastern Europe (12): Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine, and Rest of Central and Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa (21): Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Ghana, Israel, Kenya, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Rest of Middle East and Rest of Africa
This Tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Preliminary Top 10
- Historical Database
- Forecast database
- Qualitative analysis
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include nine years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- Product category
- Air interface/generation
- Operating system
- Screen size band (smartphone only)
- Segment group (smartphone only)
- Channel group/channel (smartphone only)
- Installed base