The Worldwide Smart Cities Spending Guide examines the Smart City opportunity from a use case, technology, strategic priority, and geography perspective. This comprehensive forecast database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights Query Tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the Smart City technology market by viewing and comparing data trends and relationships across use cases and regions. The Worldwide Smart Cities Spending Guide is unique in that it sizes and forecasts emerging use cases in urban ecosystems around the world and includes spending by ecosystem players in addition to government spending. The guide provides insights into the use of IT innovations in cities.
This product covers the following segments of the Smart City market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 200+ cities across all 9 regions
- 4 technology groups with 8 technology categories: Hardware (infrastructure hardware and IaaS, specialty hardware, and other hardware), software (applications, platform and analytics, and other software), services, and connectivity
- 36+ use cases, including: Fixed visual surveillance, mobile video capture and recording, digital evidence management, early warning systems, officer wearables, next-gen emergency, smart campus, smart stadiums, smart ports, open data, connected back office, smart kiosks, advanced public transit, intelligent traffic management, smart parking, vehicle-to-everything connectivity, smart outdoor lighting, smart public buildings, smart trash collection, smart city platforms, digital twin, and real-time crime centers
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by use case, technology, and region delivered twice a year
- Three-year view by city delivered twice a year
- Worldwide Smart Cities taxonomy defining the smart city opportunity and the use cases and technologies included in the spending guide
- Smart Cities spending for 200+ cities
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Smart Cities Spending Guide provides unique insight on future technology opportunities in Smart Cities across all regions around the world. Segmented by use case, strategic priority, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market, cities' spending on IT innovation, and how the market will develop over the coming years.