Worldwide Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide
Smart City initiatives are one of the most important developments worldwide in public sector digital transformation. Given the crucial role that cities will play in both overall digitization efforts and the development of national economies, the Worldwide Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide will quantify the overall Smart Cities opportunity with detail for over 25 among the largest or fastest-growing use cases. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool, allows the user to easily extract this meaningful information by region, strategic priority, use case, and technology.
This product covers the following segments of the Smart City opportunity:
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, PRC, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia/Pacific, and Japan
- 4 technologies: across hardware, software, services, and connectivity categories
- 25+ use cases including: use cases related to economic development and civic engagement, sustainable urban planning and administration, data-driven public safety, resilient energy and infrastructure, and intelligent transportation
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Defining the Smart City market opportunity from a use case and technology perspective
- Sizing and forecasting the Smart City opportunity by region
- Specific cities' spending for Smart Cities initiatives
- Market drivers impacting Smart City dynamics
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What use cases are driving Smart City investment?
- How does Smart City spending differ by region?
- What technologies and services are needed to support a Smart City initiative?
- How much will Smart cities spend on technologies by 2022?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by strategic priority, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing opportunity and how the market will develop over the coming years.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
Worldwide Smart Cities Taxonomy
This document defines the smart city opportunity and the use cases and technologies included in the guide.
This database will include demographic information and total smart city spending for 50+ cities (100+ in second release) across 9 regions.
Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide
This document will provide a five-year forecast by three technology groups for 25+ use cases, as well as the total market opportunity, in nine IDC standard regions. It is updated on a semiannual cycle.