IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide
Smart city initiatives are one of the most important developments worldwide in public sector digital transformation. Given the crucial role that cities will play in both overall digitization efforts and the development of national economies, the Worldwide Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide will quantify this opportunity for the top 15 smart city use cases. Delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool, users can easily extract this meaningful information by region, use case, and technology.
This product covers the following segments of the smart city engagements:
- Regions: United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific, China, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Technology: Hardware, software, services
- Use cases: 15 use cases related to economic development and civic engagement, sustainable urban planning and administration, data-driven public safety, resilient energy and infrastructure, and Intelligent transportation
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Defining the smart city market opportunity from a technology and use case perspective
- Sizing and forecasting the smart city opportunity by region and use case
- Market drivers impacting smart city dynamics
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What use cases are driving smart city investment?
- How does smart city spending differ by region?
- What technologies and services are needed to support a smart city initiative?
- How much will smart cities spend on technologies by 2022?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Smart Cities Taxonomy
This document defines the smart city opportunity and the use cases and technologies included in the guide.
Semiannual Smart Cities Spending Guide
This document will provide a five-year forecast by three technology groups and 15 use cases, for nine IDC standard regions. It is updated on a semiannual cycle.