IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker® provides extensive coverage of the ever-growing security appliance market. This product delivers a quarterly database detailing the historical performance of the market's individual players by product category, product, operating system, and, most importantly, a 5–8 quarter forecast, plus an additional three years of annual projections by product category for each country included in the service, all of which is provided through best-in-class online delivery tools. Using this product, clients can track competitors and create quantitative market analysis. This service will support product launch, prospect evaluation, sales comparisons, and competitive analysis. The service is designed to support product managers, strategic marketers, business developers, financial analysts, and PR managers.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor shares for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments, factory vendor revenue, and value.
- Vendor, product brand, model name
- Product category: Firewall, Unified Threat Management (UTM), Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP), content management (web and messaging), and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Server class: High-end, midrange, and volume server
- Price band
- Network type: wired and wireless
- Operating system: Linux, Unix, Windows, and Others
- U rating and rack factor
- Measurements: units, vendor revenue, and value
- Central and Eastern Europe (7): Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Romania, Slovakia, Rest of Central and Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa (6): Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Western Europe (16): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
This Tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include five years of historical data, and an additional five years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional level. Details of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- Five-year annual forecast
- Product category: Firewall, Unified Threat Management (UTM), Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP), content management (web and messaging), and Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Measurements: units and value