IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Telecom Services Tracker presents in-depth market data and forecasts for the telecommunication services market in 91 countries. This program provides a comprehensive view of spending on different types of telecommunication services as well as details of installed base and traffic generated. Market data is segmented by type of network service product and type of user. The data is presented on a half-yearly basis in the form of comprehensive Excel-based tables complemented by a query tool. The database is designed to provide network service providers, solution providers, financial institutions, consulting companies, and market regulatory institutions with an easy-to-use reference tool that enables them to assess the fastest growing sectors of the Worldwide telecommunication services market from the perspective of different geographies, service providers, product segments, types of user, and more.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in [shipments, ports, etc. and end-user, factory revenue, etc.].
- Fixed Voice Services
- Fixed Internet Access Services
- Mobile Voice and Mobile Data Services
- Asia/Pacific excluding Japan (13): Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam and the rest of Asia/Pacific
- Central and Eastern Europe (17): Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and the rest of CEE
- Latin America (7): Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, the rest of Central America and the rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (31): Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Botswana, Cote d'Ivoire, Dem. Rep. Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Zambia, Zimbabwe the rest of Africa and the rest of the Middle East
- United States
- Western Europe (16): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually and include 5 years of historical data, 5 years of annual forecasts. Forecasts are available at the country levels. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- Fixed voice lines
- Fixed voice spending
- Internet access connections
- Internet access spending
- Mobile subscriptions
- Mobile services spending