IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker® greatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic storage market. Understanding which global markets and segments are growing and knowing the quarterly adoption curve for new products have become business-critical needs for enterprise storage vendors, supply chain partners, and the financial community. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific vendor and product-line detail across all storage segments. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker presents market data in an easy-to-use, interactive format allowing clients to easily view specific submarkets in customizable layouts.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurements for this tracker are in vendor revenue, value, units, terabytes, price per gigabyte, gigabyte per unit, and ASP.
- Company, vendor, brand, product brand, and model name
- Product category group: External OEM, internal OEM, and ODM Direct
- Product category: External RAID, compute intensive, storage intensive, and storage expansion
- Topology: Direct, mainframe networked, and open networked
- Installation: DAS, ESCON/FICON, NAS, and SAN
- Data access: FICON, Ethernet file/object, Ethernet block, Fibre Channel and HCI, DAS, and other
- Data Organization: Block, File, and Object
- Additional tech splits: Branded storage OS, OS, redundancy, price band, storage class, storage architecture, object-based storage, and scalability
- Measurements: Units, terabytes, vendor revenue, and value
- Storage array type (available only in vendor revenue and value, delivered in a separate pivot table)
- Media type (available only in terabytes, delivered in a separate pivot table)
- Five-year forecast by product category group, product category, topology, installation, data access, data organization, OS, redundancy, price band, and storage class in terabytes and value
Optional Content Add-Ons
- External storage by segments: Education, government, very large business (1,000+ employees), large business (500–999 employees), medium-sized business (100–499 employees), small business (1–99 employees)
- External storage by channels: Direct and indirect
- External storage add-ons (available only by company, vendor, brand, topology, installation, and data access in units, terabytes, and value)
- Asia/Pacific excluding Japan: Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and Rest of Asia/Pacific
- Central and Eastern Europe: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, and Rest of CEE
- Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Kenya, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Rest of Africa, and Rest of Middle East.
- United States
- Western Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via the Web-based query tool. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Quarterly data:
- Historical data
- Five-year forecast data (eight quarters and three years)
- Excel pivot table
- Query tool