Worldwide Datacenter Network QView
IDC's Worldwide Datacenter Network QView provides a quantitative view of leading datacenter networking technologies and closely related nondatacenter networking technologies. Specifically, this QView provides quarterly datacenter network revenue based on IDC's research into the following markets: Layer 2–3 Ethernet switches, application delivery controllers (ADCs, or Layer 4–7 switches), ADC as a service (ADCaaS), network virtualization overlays/SDN controllers (NVO/SDN controllers), Fibre Channel switches, InfiniBand switches, and WAN optimization. Further, the following nondatacenter networking technologies are also provided for additional context: routers, WLAN, IP telephony, and enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence. The data in this QView leverages IDC's qualitative and quantitative enterprise networking expertise to provide quarterly quantification of technology spending in the datacenter and in related areas outside the datacenter. The technology forecasts developed for this QView take into consideration IDC's global expertise on key datacenter infrastructure trends.
The service provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this QView is in vendor revenue.
- Technology: Ethernet switch (Layer 2–3), ADC (or Layer 4–7 switch), ADCaaS, NVO/SDN controller, Fibre Channel switch, InfiniBand switch, WAN optimization, routers, WLAN, IP telephony, and enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence
- Place in network: Datacenter and non-datacenter
- Deployment: Service provider (SP), enterprise, and consumer
- Deployment type: Cloud provider, communications SPs, and enterprise
- Cloud deployment: Public cloud, private cloud, and traditional datacenter
- Architecture: Hyperscale, nonhyperscale, and traditional datacenter
Optional Content Add-Ons
- Ethernet switch (Layer 2–3) by place in network, speed (100Mb, 1,000Mb, 10Gb, 25Gb, 40Gb, 50Gb, and 100Gb), product (fixed managed and modular), and vendor
- Ethernet switch ODM Direct data by vendor, product (fixed managed), and speed (1,000Mb, 10Gb, 25Gb, 40Gb, 50Gb, and 100Gb)
- North America
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)
- Asia/Pacific (including Japan) (APJ)
- Latin America
This tracker is delivered on a (quarterly, semiannual) basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
- With the purchase of IDC's Worldwide Datacenter Network QView, clients receive data in an Excel pivot table via idc.com and inquiry time for supporting questions regarding data usage.
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided by IDC's Worldwide Datacenter Networks Continuous Intelligence Service (CIS).