Latin America Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker
IDC's Latin America Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker® provides quarterly data for the security appliance markets (Firewall, VPN, IDP, UTM, and SCM). The product includes revenue for security appliances vendors, an estimate of total market size (units and value), and an estimate of vendor market share per country. IDC provides value segmentation by product category, product, vertical market, size of organization (enterprise, large business, medium-sized/large business, medium-sized business, small business, small office, education, and government), and type of channel (direct, distributor, VAR, systems integrator, telco, and other channels). The product covers Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela, with an aggregate total for the rest of Latin America.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in customer revenue and units (factory revenue data is available upon request).
- SSL VPN
- IPsec/Hybrid VPN
Optional content add-ons (available only with second quarter and fourth quarter deliverables):
- Direct: Direct inbound and direct outbound
- Indirect: Distributor, retail, systems integrator, telco, VAR, and other channels
- Vertical markets: Commerce, education, government, manufacturing, oil/gas/mining, services, telecommunications, and utilities
- Company size: Enterprise (firms with 1,000+ employees), large business (firms with 500–999 employees), medium-sized/large business (firms with 250–499 employees), medium-sized business (firms with 100–249 employees), small business (firms with 10–99 employees), small office (firms with 1–9 employees), education, and government
- Vendor market share by technology
- Product revenue by distribution channel
- Product revenue by size of company
- Product revenue by vertical market
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, and the rest of Latin America)
This Tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Data by every quarter of the year
- Forecast data
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually and include three years of historical data and five years of annual market projections. Examples of the segmentations in the forecast included in this tracker are as follows: