IDC's CMO Advisory Service guides technology and cloud services companies as they master the science of marketing. The digital disruption offers CMOs the opportunity to become revenue drivers and architects of the customer experience. Leaders leverage IDC's deep industry knowledge, powerful quantitative models, peer tested practices, and personalized guidance to advance their operations. Whether seeking fresh perspectives on core challenges or counsel on emerging developments, IDC offers a trusted source of insight.
The power of social, self-educated buyers with their elevated expectations for service is rising. Marketing is flooded with an increasing abundance of digital communication channels and marketing technology options. Never before have marketing executives faced so much opportunity — or as much peril. Will change mean turmoil or transformation for your organization? Here are questions IDC's CMO Advisory helps answer:
- How should I invest, organize, and measure in traditional versus emerging marketing areas?
- What is my best-bet road map for marketing technology adoption and becoming data driven?
- What are leaders doing to better engage with buyers?
- What are the disrupters, my peers, and my competitors, doing?
Operational Excellence, Planning, and Benchmarking Tools
- The Marketing Investment Planner provides benchmarks and metrics to support budgeting, organizational structure, technology investment, and measurement.
- The Custom Benchmark Analysis compares your organization against a select target group of your choice, providing a comprehensive gap analysis with actionable recommendations.
- Research and frameworks to support your marketing transformation and growth. IDC MaturityScape, IDC PeerScape, and other models guide strategy, operations, measurement, and performance.
- IDC's IT Buyer Experience Study examines the buying preferences and behaviors of buyers of technology solutions.
- The Marketing Leadership Client Board meets twice each year to support our clients' efforts in effective transformation and growth.
- IDC FutureScape, along with Insight reports and Webcasts on trending topics and peer-to-peer "hot topic" calls, inspires fresh perspectives.
- Unlimited inquiry access to practice analysts, ad hoc research from our extensive database, and facilitated member-to-member discussions upon request
Marketing Investment and Transformational Operations
- Investment planning, marketing-mix planning, operations planning, annual budgeting, digital marketing, marketing technology, marketing operations, and intelligence
- Building competency in accountability, business management, and attribution
- Understanding strategies of disrupters and leaders
Technology Choices for Marketing
- Comprehensive mapping of technology choices for marketing practitioners (75+ categories under analysis)
- Guidance on technology-related practices including data-driven marketing, predictive analytics, and the CMO+CIO relationship
The New Marketing Organization
- Organizational design, staff allocation benchmarks, role definition, talent development, shared services and centers of excellence, organizational alignment and interlock, and change management
- Designing the marketing organization of the future
Delivering the New Customer Experience
- Mapping and responding to the B2B customer decision journey
- Developing transformational marketing competencies: content marketing, customer intelligence and analytics, integrated digital and social engagement, sales and channel enablement, and loyalty and advocacy
IDC provides marketing-specific consulting capabilities to complement the CMO Advisory Service benefits. Sample engagements include:
Marketing Effectiveness and Organizational Transformation
IDC can assess, benchmark, and score today's marketing organization and transformational capabilities and design a future state structure, a skills checklist, and a prioritized, actionable road map.
IDC can provide seminars, training, and half-day or full-day workshops on a wide range of marketing effectiveness and marketing transformation topics. Workshops include research presentation, discussion, and exercises.
Thought Leadership and Sales Enablement Content
IDC can develop and deliver custom research-based content, such as Webcasts, event speeches, and white papers for use in training and for go-to-market campaign offers.
IDC can design and conduct custom research, frameworks, and models to provide insightful answers to your specific business questions. Popular topics include marketing benchmarks, buyer behavior, buyer's journey, and dashboard development.