Tech marketing executives rely on IDC's CMO Advisory Service to accelerate operational excellence. Whether seeking solutions to persistent problems or insight into emerging transformational challenges, companies leverage IDC's diagnostic benchmarks, maturity frameworks, industry best practices, peer forums, and personalized analyst interaction to inform their most critical operational decisions. We routinely survey tech industry executives for data on spending, organization, and best practices. This knowledge base combined with a pragmatic approach based on real-world experience ensures clients get actionable insight with every interaction.
The power of social, self-educated buyers with their elevated expectations for service is rising. Marketing is flooded with an increasing abundance of digital communication channels and marketing technology options. Never before have marketing executives faced so much opportunity — or as much peril.
- How should I invest and organize to make best use of resources?
- How can I improve the skill sets of my marketing organization?
- How can I better align with sales and IT?
- What are my optimal next steps to achieve mastery in content marketing, data and analytics, customer centricity, digital engagement, and sales enablement?
- The Marketing Investment Planner provides investments, operations, and performance-related benchmarks and metrics to support organizational budgeting, execution, and measurement.
- The IDC CMO ROI Matrix draws a correlation between marketing investments and performance to identify best-in-class companies.
- The Custom Benchmark Analysis compares your organizations against a select target group from the IDC Executive Benchmarking database and provides a comprehensive gap analysis with actionable recommendations.
- Best practices and case studies enhance marketing strategy development, execution, operations, and performance. Deliverables include written reports, Web conferences, and interactive round tables.
- Insight reports on trending topics and invitations to Webcasts or peer-to-peer "Hot Topic" calls, or Marketing Leadership Board meetings.
- The Marketing Leadership Board meets twice each year to support our clients' efforts in effective planning, investment decisions, process and productivity improvements, technology and data leverage, and marketing transformation.
- These are intimate meetings conducive to networking and the exchange of ideas, issues, and best practices. Attendees include marketing operations leaders along with vice presidents and directors of key marketing functions.
- Unlimited inquiry access to practice analyst, ad hoc research from our extensive database, and facilitated member-to-member discussions upon request.
- Recent topics include: Marketing technology, buyer's journey, data-driven marketing, predictive analytics, sales enablement, channel marketing, social marketing, digital marketing, Web strategies, CMO+CIO, and solution marketing
- Planning. Investment planning, marketing-mix planning, operations planning, annual budgeting, marketing operations, and market intelligence
- People. Organizational design, staff allocation benchmarks, role definition, talent development, shared services and centers of excellence, organizational alignment and interlock, and change management
- Technology. System selection, system implementation, data management, data governance, and technology adoption
- Process. Investment allocation benchmarks, metrics, measurement and ROI, analytics, best practices, process maturity, marketing science, and agility
IDC provides marketing-specific consulting capabilities to complement the CMO Advisory Service benefits. Sample engagements include:
IDC can assess several areas of a client's marketing processes versus those of industry best practitioners' and provide a road map for process improvement.
IDC can provide half-day or full-day workshops on a wide range of marketing effectiveness and marketing transformation topics. Workshops include research presentation, discussion, and exercises.
IDC can develop and deliver custom research-based content, such as Webcasts, event speeches, and white papers for use in training and for go-to-market campaign offers.
IDC can design and conduct custom research, frameworks, and models to provide insightful answers to your specific business questions.
The IDC Executive Advisory Group provides IT industry executives with research-based guidance and peer forums to support planning, budgeting, operational, and market execution decisions. Led by senior industry practitioners who have directly experienced client and member challenges, the IDC Executive Advisory Group is uniquely positioned to help IT vendor executives with their most pressing business issues and informational needs.