The worldwide Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends market continues to see broad interest and momentum, with an expected market size of $1.1 trillion in 2023. Despite the growth, the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem is a complex market, with multiple layers and hundreds of players, including device vendors, communications service providers, IoT platform and analytics vendors, and IT services providers. IoT is also witnessing the collision of operations technology and information technology groups within enterprises. The Internet of Things Ecosystem and Trends service analyzes the growth of this market from the autonomously connected endpoints and its spend potential, and it advises on market maturity and enterprise adoption as well as evolving trends and shifts in the vendor ecosystem in the world of connected "things."
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT market opportunity for spend and deployments
- Enterprise adoption: Challenges and opportunities
- IoT in an artificial intelligence world
- IoT monetization best practices
- Commentary on how the market is organized and the key segments and technologies
- Market maturity and adoption
- Vendor opportunities within each layer of the technology stack
- The coexistence of IT and OT in the Internet of Things
- Decision maker input into buying behaviors, preferences, and technology requirements
- Worldwide IoT Spending Forecast
- Worldwide IoT Device and Data Forecast
- Worldwide IoT Taxonomy
- Annual Global IoT Decision Maker Survey
- IoT Market Glance
- IDC DecisionScapes for IoT
- IDC MaturityScape: IoT 2.0
- Vendor and Customer Profiles on Innovative IoT Solutions
- Use Cases of Innovative IoT Implementations
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the size of and forecast for the worldwide and regional markets for the Internet of Things?
- How many IoT devices are connected? How much data is being generated by these IoT devices?
- What does the IoT value chain look like? How should vendors position themselves for success within it?
- What are the key challenges facing customers as they embark on IoT deployments?
- How is the market maturing as enterprises move beyond proof of concept to scaled deployments?
- What are IoT solution best practices?