IDC's Asia/Pacific Datacenter Deployment Model is a semiannual pivot table–style data product that provides a datacenter (DC) consumption and spending model across a number of datacenter types and technologies. The product covers select APEJ markets including Australia, China, India, and Singapore market.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- Datacenter ownership: Service provider and enterprise
- Datacenter size: Server closets/rooms, micro-datacenters, midtier DC, high-end DC, mega-DC, and hyperscale DC
- Deployment use cases: Compute, content, archiving, and so forth
- Installed capacity: Server, storage, and networking ports
- Net-new capacity: Server, storage, and networking ports
- Annualized spend: IT infrastructure, DC infrastructure, facilities, and staff
- Changes in usable DC square footage
- Changes in server and storage density
- Pace of shift from internal to service provider DCs
- Growing importance of IT deployment in edge locations
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Content is delivered via idc.com as a pivot table attachment. Coverage includes historical data and semiannual forecast data:
March 2021/September 2021
March 2021/September 2021
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which datacenter types are growing the fastest?
- What impact are 3rd Platform use cases having on enterprise and service provider datacenter capacity and IT density?
- What is the annualized spend on datacenters across infrastructure, facilities, and staff?
- What impact are next-generation technologies such as flash, convergence, and SDX having on datacenters?
IDC's Asia/Pacific Datacenter Deployment Model examines how IT, power, HCAC hardware, software, and managed service providers as well as hosting/colocation/cloud service providers are positioning themselves to compete in the evolving datacenter marketplace This product supports the development of strategies, market positioning, and future directions for providers and users of datacenter technologies and facilities, including:
Alibaba, Amazon, AT&T, Avago, BT, CenturyLink, Cisco, CommScope, Dell, Digital Realty Trust, EMC, Emerson, Equinix, Facebook, Fujitsu, Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft, NetApp, Nlyte, NTT, Oracle, Orange, Panduit, Schneider, Verizon, and VMware.