IDC's Asia/Pacific Datacenter Deployment Model is a semiannual pivot table–style data product that provides a datacenter (DC) consumption and spending model across a number of datacenter types and technologies. The product covers select APEJ markets including Australia, China, India, and Singapore markets.
Asia/Pacific Datacenter Deployment Model
This product covers the following segments of the worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets:
- Datacenter ownership: Service provider and enterprise
- Datacenter size: Server closets/rooms, micro-datacenters, midtier DC, high-end DC, mega-DC, and hyperscale DC
- Deployment use cases: Compute, content, archiving, and so forth
- Installed capacity: Server, storage, and networking ports
- Net-new capacity: Server, storage, and networking ports
- Annualized spend: IT infrastructure, DC infrastructure, facilities, and staff
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Changes in usable DC square footage
- Changes in server and storage density
- Pace of shift from internal to service provider DCs
- Growing importance of IT deployment in edge locations
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which datacenter types are growing the fastest?
- What impact are 3rd Platform use cases having on enterprise and service provider datacenter capacity and IT density?
- What is the annualized spend on datacenters across infrastructure, facilities, and staff?
- What impact are next-gen technologies such as flash, convergence, and SDX having on datacenters?
Increasing Efficiency in the Datacenter
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Content is delivered via idc.com as a pivot table attachment. Coverage includes historical data and semiannual forecast data:
Smart IT-Enabled Datacenters
AT&T Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com Inc., CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., CommScope, Inc., CyOptics, Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Equinix Inc., Facebook, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Panduit Corp., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc.