IDC's Worldwide Public Cloud Compute and Storage QView tracks revenue earned by vendors selling public cloud compute and storage resources. These resources combined make up the bulk of demand for public cloud infrastructure-as-a-service solutions from providers like AWS, Microsoft, and Google.
Worldwide Public Cloud Compute and Storage QView
IDC's Worldwide Public Cloud Compute and Storage QView provides quarterly coverage (historical only) of vendor software (public cloud software [PCS] services) revenue. The total market is defined as the "public cloud compute and storage" market. This market is broken into two categories: compute and storage. Compute and storage are further subsegmented.
Public Cloud Compute and Storage:
- Public cloud compute (further segmented into compute type [virtualized x86, accelerated, bare metal, other])
- Public cloud storage (further segmented into storage type [block, file, and object])
- Worldwide only
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Final historical pivot, September 2020
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports