IDC's Worldwide Channel Partner Ecosystem provides an in-depth view into the channels and partners of IT vendors. It showcases the interconnections across IT vendor partners, identifying their area of technology coverage, the industries they serve, geographic location data, and much more. This results in a map of channel partners' service, solution, and geographic coverage.
This product covers the following segments of the IT channel partner market:
- Technology coverage
- Industry coverage
- Domain coverage (3rd Platform technologies)
- Cloud capability
- Vendor to partner relationships
- Geographic location
- Partner classification
- Company metrics - years in business and employee and revenue bands
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Showcase the overlap and interconnection of IT vendor channel partners.
- Identify channel and partner insights.
- Map the partner ecosystem down to a city level, including size of partners and their coverage of technology, industry, and other contributing attributes.
- Identify gaps in the partner ecosystem.
The Worldwide Channel Partner Ecosystem is delivered on an online platform, which is updated constantly and accessible anywhere and at any time. The online platform offers insight into vendor partner relationships, segmented by multiple attributes, to help identify targeted markets of interest.
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What partnerships do my competitors currently have in place?
- Where does my partner's network overlap with competitors'?
- Which partners have complementary technology offerings my products can support?
- What locations do my competitor partners cover, and where are their location gaps?
- What areas should I focus on to expand my partner network?
- How do I plan to leverage my channel partner strategy to best align to my core competencies?
- What type of partnerships do I need to set up to at minimum compete and, at best, be better than my identified competitor partnerships?
- Where are the gaps in partner market coverage by geographic area I can leverage to expand or contract my partner relationships?
IDC's Worldwide Channel Partner Ecosystem product delivers an up-to-date perspective of the channel partner relationships between IT vendors and their interconnected partners. This product allows users to assess evolving partner strategies against key attributes, including partner technology, industry, core domain, and geographic coverage. Partner company metrics, including city locations, employee and revenue bands, and age of partners, provide multiple ways for the Worldwide Channel Partner Ecosystem to be segmented and analyzed. Among the many vendors covered include:
Adobe, Amazon Web Services, Autodesk, Cisco, Citrix, Dell Technologies, Google, Hitachi, HP Inc., IBM, Intel, Intuit, Juniper, Micro Focus, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, Palo Alto Networks, Red Hat, Salesforce.com, SAP, SAS, ServiceNow, Siemens, Symantec, and VMware.