IDC's North America Weekly Distribution Tracker®, powered by the GTDC, is an IDC service that reports model-level sales data from the largest distributors in North America, covering all types of IT products, peripherals, and accessories categorized into IDC's tracker taxonomy.
The GTDC (Global Technology Distribution Council) is an association comprised of the tech industry’s top distributors. Sales through GTDC members represent almost 90% of the total revenues through the Two-Tier channel. This is the IT industry's only view of actual sales through the two-tier distribution channel in North America and provides timely actionable data around product and pricing trends.
The North America Weekly Distribution Tracker®, powered by the GTDC, aggregates sales data from GTDC members on a weekly basis across over 200 product detail categories organized into larger product groupings, including personal computing, server, storage, imaging, network infrastructure, audio/video, consumer electronics, peripherals & accessories, components & semiconductors, cables/connectors/adapters, power, security, services and software.
- Company/brand (over 1,800 brands covered internally, with over 550 published externally)
- Product group (14 technology categories)
- Product category (over 45 technology subcategories)
- Product (over 100)
- Product detail (over 230 across hardware, software and services)
- Measurements (units, value, ASP)
- Channel Detail (dealer, VAR, retail, systems integrator, etailer, service provider, distributor)
- MPN (manufacturer part number) (over 1 million covered)
- Model attribute segmentation customized to each product group (over 200 different attributes in total)
- Historical data back to 2018
- Arrow, ASI, D&H, Exertis Almo, HM Cragg, Ingram Micro, TD SYNNEX
- United States
This tracker is delivered on a weekly basis via a web-based interface. Weeks are measured as Monday to Sunday and numbered following the ISO week standard. Data is published 11 days after the week ends. A subscription to the North America Weekly Distribution Tracker® grants access to the North America Monthly Distribution Tracker® where the same data is aggregated into monthly trends that can be rolled up to quarterly and annual views. Specific deliverables for this tracker are listed below.
- Historical data
IDC North America Distribution Tracker Methodology
This tracker reports actual sales data with no changes or estimations made by IDC analysts. Sales data at the Manufacturer Part Number level is collected weekly from the largest distributors in North America. The data is consolidated, cleaned, and categorized into 14 different product groups each with their own additional detailed segmentation. This process is managed using a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis platform and by leveraging other data sources and data enrichment approaches such as:
- IDC taxonomy definitions
- 3rd party product catalogs of model attributes
- IDC Tracker model lists
- Machine learning algorithms
- Feedback from technology analyst experts