IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology (IT) spending in the insurance industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by insurance companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Financial Insights' analysts and ongoing primary research in the insurance industry. The IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Financial Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, insurance executives, and vendors. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and insurance segments by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the financial services market:
- 8 regions: Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan), Canada, Central and Eastern Europe, Japan, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, United States, and Western Europe
- 4 technologies: Hardware, packaged software, IT services, and internal IT
- 7 lines of business: Accident and health, commercial property/casualty, corporate administration, enterprise utilities, life and annuity, personal property/casualty, and reinsurance
- 18 functional processes: Business acquisition, channel management, policy administration, and others
- 3 company size tiers: Institution size by tier 1–3
- 6 years of data
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Defines, sizes, and forecasts the insurance industry by technology, region, line of business, functional process, and tier
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide insurance IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and lines of business are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, functional process, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
- Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide, 1H18 — the 1H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide
- Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide, 2H18 — the 2H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide
- Worldwide Semiannual Insurance IT Spending Guide Taxonomy — defines the insurance industry and relevant coverage areas