The Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the capital markets industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by capital markets companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Financial Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the capital markets industry.
The Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Financial Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, capital markets executives, and vendors. The Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the capital markets industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 40+ functional processes, 8 geographic regions, 5 industry subsegments, and 3 company size tiers.
The Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide is segmented by:
- Geographic region (Asia/Pacific [excluding Japan], Canada, Central and Eastern Europe, Japan, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, United States, and Western Europe)
- Functional process including order management, customer management, and operations risk management
- Technology (hardware, packaged software, IT services, and internal services)
- Institution types including banks, buy side, exchanges, insurance companies, and sell side
- Institution size by tier 1 through tier 3
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide capital market's IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
Who Should Subscribe
By presenting a segmented and tiered perspective on IT spending by financial institutions, the Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide helps information technology and services suppliers that are targeting the financial services sector identify market opportunities and effectively execute within their targeted financial services strategy.