The IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual State and Local Government IT Spending Guide is a semiannual five-year forecast designed to help IT vendors understand the spending and technology preferences of state and local governments. The IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual State and Local Government IT Spending Guide provides IT vendors with deep-domain analysis of state and local government market sizing, forecasts, and segmentations. Analysts are also available to provide individualized advice for technology providers that service this market to help them make better-informed decisions on their go-to-market strategies. The IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual State and Local Government IT Spending Guide is designed to help IT vendors identify multiple government IT budgeting opportunities and understand how these buyers plan to target IT spending across state and local governments. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and state and local government segments by viewing data trends, relationships, and making data comparisons.
IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual State and Local Government IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the state and local government market:
- 50 states and Washington, D.C
- 21 technologies: Hardware, software, and IT services, including markets such as financial applications, high-end servers, and technology outsourcing
- 2 subindustries: state and local
- 15 functions: Agriculture; arts, cultural affairs, and tourism; continuing education and workforce training; court, justice, jails, and police; emergency response and fire; executive offices; human resource management; labor and workforce development, business, and industry; natural resource and environment management; other functions; public utilities; regulation, licensing, and inspection; social services and public health; transportation and motor vehicle administration; and treasury, revenue, and financial management
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Details on the most lucrative areas to target across the country when selling to state and local governments
- Details on how government spending maps to population
- Differences in buying patterns in various regions of the country and how vendors should target those areas
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the U.S. state and local government IT opportunity?
- Which states present the largest or fastest-growing IT opportunities?
- How do growth rates vary by function?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of maximum market opportunity?
- How is spending shifting across hardware, software, and services? Is it the same across all states?
- How will IT spending change, state to state, over the next five years?
About This Spending Guide
IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual State and Local Government IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by subindustry, state, function and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
2018H1 release of the U.S. Semiannual State and Local Government IT Spending Guide
2018H2 release of the U.S. Semiannual State and Local Government IT Spending Guide
Defines the state and local government and relevant coverage areas.