IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition is an expanded view of the ICT market in 53 countries, with forecasts for all traditional technologies in addition to new emerging categories such as drones, sensors, and AR/VR viewers. In addition, it segments all ICT spending by the following platforms: cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, social, IoT, AI, AR/VR, 3D printing, security, robotics, and blockchain. Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of new and emerging market opportunities alongside traditional technologies and the shift from legacy platforms to new deployment models including the migration of ICT to the cloud and mobile platforms.
This product covers the following segments of the ICT market:
- Infrastructure: Server/storage, network equipment, security appliance, and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, wearable, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom: Equipment and services
- Software: Applications, application development and deployment, and system infrastructure
- IT and business services
- Cloud infrastructure/software/services
- Mobile devices/software/services
- Big data and analytics, enterprise social, and security
- New technologies: AR/VR viewers, 3D printers, IoT sensors and connectivity, drones, next-gen security, AI systems and software, blockchain, and OT software/services
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- 3rd Platform spending forecasts by region and country, updated quarterly
- Emerging technology adoption forecasts
- Worldwide ICT spending forecasts by technology, platform, and geography
- Macroeconomic assumptions and analysis
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition
Emerging technology and platform forecasts in 53 countries
Worldwide 3rd Platform ICT Spending Forecast
Analysis of emerging technologies and adoption by geography
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How much ICT spending is migrating to the cloud and mobile platforms?
- How is the emergence of the 3rd Platform impacting the global ICT industry, and how does this vary by country?
- How much ICT spending is moving to the 3rd Platform from traditional 2nd Platform revenue sources?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic changed the outlook for cloud, mobile and other 3rd Platform technologies?
- Which new technologies are growing quickly in emerging markets, and which new opportunities are stronger in mature economies?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition service examines ICT spending patterns and forecasts across the following regional markets:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam