IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition is an expanded view of the ICT market in 53 geographies, with forecasts for all traditional technologies as well as new emerging categories such as drones, sensors, and AR/VR viewers. In addition, it segments all ICT spending by the following platforms: cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, enterprise social, internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR), 3D printing, security, robotics, and blockchain. Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of new and emerging market opportunities alongside traditional technologies and the shift from legacy platforms to new deployment models, including the migration of ICT to the cloud and mobile platforms and the emergence of major new opportunities such as AI and AR/VR.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- Infrastructure: Server/storage, network equipment, security appliance, and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: Desktop, notebook, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, wearable, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom services
- Software: Cloud and on premises
- IT and business services
- Cloud infrastructure/software/services
- Artificial intelligence
- Big data and analytics
- Enterprise social
- Emerging technologies: AR/VR viewers, 3D printers, IoT sensors and connectivity, drones, and OT software/services
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 geographies: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition
Emerging technology and platform forecasts in 53 geographies
Worldwide 3rd Platform ICT Spending Forecast
Analysis of emerging technologies and adoption by geography
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How much ICT spending is migrating to the cloud and mobile platforms?
- How is the emergence of the 3rd Platform and new technologies impacting the global ICT industry, and how does this vary by country?
- How quickly is AR/VR emerging as a major shift in computing?
- How is AI driving the long-term growth and direction of technology investment?
- Which new technologies are key components of strategic long-term business investments?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: 3rd Platform Edition service examines ICT spending patterns and forecasts according to distribution by 2nd Platform versus 3rd Platform market categories. Within the 3rd Platform market view, the Black Book forecasts spending across the following platform details: cloud, mobile, big data and analytics, enterprise social, security, AI, IoT, robotics, AR/VR, 3D printing, and blockchain.