IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide is a semiannual five-year forecast designed to help IT vendors understand federal government technology spending plans and potential IT opportunities. This research service also provides IT vendors with deep domain analysis of U.S. government spending including specific market sizing, forecasts, and segmentation such as views by agency and DoD service. Analysts are also available to provide individualized advice to subscribers to assist them in making better-informed decisions on their go-to-market strategies and competitive positioning. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and federal government segments by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the federal market:
- 2 subindustries: Federal Civilian and Department of Defense
- 21 technologies: Hardware, software, and IT services, including markets such as financial applications, high-end servers, and technology outsourcing
- 25+ federal civilian agencies: Department of Engineers, Health and Human Services, General Services Administration, and many others.
- 4 Department of Defense agencies and services: Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marine Corps and other DoD agencies or DoD-wide
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Allocation of spending by agency
- Details on the most lucrative areas to target
- A deep dive into spending by federal agencies for IT hardware, software, and services
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total U.S. federal government IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and agencies are growing the fastest?
- How do technology growth rates vary by agency?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and government segments?
About This Spending Guide
IDC Government Insights: United States Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, agency, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
- U.S. Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide, 1H18
- 1H18 release of the U.S. Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide
- U.S. Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide, 2H18
- 2H18 release of the U.S. Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide
- U.S. Semiannual Federal Government IT Spending Guide Taxonomy
- Definition of Federal Government and Relevant Coverage Areas