The Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the retail industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by retail companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Retail Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the retail industry.
The Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Retail Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, retail executives, and vendors. Via this service, IDC Retail Insights offers the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the retail industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 40+ technologies, 4 geographic regions, 10 retail subindustries, 7 industry lines of business, and 5 company revenue bands.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Technology spend (hardware, software, and services), including key technologies such as POS hardware and software, customer analytics, RFID, and customer relationship management
- Segmentation by line of business including customer management, enterprise hardware, enterprise software, infrastructure software, other IT expenditures, store systems, and supplier management
- Segmentation by company size
- Segmentation by geographic region including Asia/Pacific, the United States, and Western Europe
- Segmentation by subindustry including apparel and accessory stores, automotive dealers and gasoline services stations, building materials, hardware and garden supply, catalog and mail-order houses, drug stores, eating and drinking establishments, food stores, general merchandise, home furnishings and equipment stores, and miscellaneous retail
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide retail IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
- How does the outlook for IT spending differ among the lines of business?
Who Should Subscribe
The Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to support the needs of horizontal IT and retail-focused vendors by providing them with key information needed to develop effective industry-focused product and marketing strategies.