The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of IT spending in the retail industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by retail companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Retail Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the retail industry. The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Retail Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, retail executives, and vendors. Via this service, IDC Retail Insights offers the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the retail industry. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and retail segments by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Retail Industry IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the retail market:
- 3 regions: Asia/Pacific, the United States, and Western Europe
- 10 subindustries: Apparel and accessory stores, automotive dealers and gasoline services stations, building materials, hardware and garden supply, catalog and mail-order houses, drug stores, eating and drinking establishments, food stores, general merchandise, home furnishings and equipment stores, and miscellaneous retail
- 44 technologies: Hardware, software, and IT services, including key technologies such as POS hardware and software, customer analytics, RFID, and customer relationship management
- 7 lines of business: Customer management, enterprise hardware, enterprise software, infrastructure software, other IT expenditures, store systems, and supplier management
- 5 revenue bands: <$100 million, $100 million – $499 million, $500 million – $999 million, $1 billion – $2 billion, and >$2 billion
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Five-year IT spending forecasts
- Definitions, sizes, and forecasts of the retail industry by technology, region, subindustry, and revenue band
- Retail industry and technology definitions
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide retail IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
- How does the outlook for IT spending differ among the lines of business?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Semiannual Retail Industry IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, subindustry, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
1H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual Retail IT Spending Guide
2H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual Retail IT Spending Guide
Defines the retail industry and relevant coverage areas