The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide examines the retail opportunity from a technology, line-of-business, subindustry, revenue band, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the retail technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the retail market:
- 4 regions: United States, Western Europe, Asia/Pacific, and the rest of the world
- 10 subindustries: Apparel and accessory stores; automotive dealers and gasoline services stations; building materials, hardware, and garden supply; online only, catalog, and mail order; drug stores; eating and drinking establishments; food stores; general merchandise; home furnishings and equipment stores; and miscellaneous retail
- 7 lines of business: Customer management, enterprise hardware, enterprise software, infrastructure software, other IT expenditures, store systems, and supplier management
- 5 revenue bands: <$100 million, $100 million–499 million, $500 million–999 million, $1 billion–2 billion, and >$2 billion
- 3 technology groups: With 30+ technology categories and 35+ technologies
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, subindustry, lines of business, and revenue band; delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by technology, subindustry, line of business, revenue band, and geography, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing segments of the retail technology market and how the market will develop over the coming years.