The Worldwide Internet of Things Spending Guide examines the Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity from the use case, technology, industry, and geography perspectives. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the IoT technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 4 technology groups with 18 technology categories: Hardware (module/sensors, security hardware, server storage, and other hardware), software (analytics software, application software, IoT platforms, security, and other software), services (industrial implementation, IT outsourcing and support, other ongoing services, project oriented, and strategy and system design), and connectivity (cellular, LPWAN, and other connectivity)
- 86 named use cases: Livestock Monitoring, inventory intelligence, supply chain resilience, smart warehousing, air traffic monitoring, airport facility automation, ATM remote tracking, bedside telemetry, connected oil field exploration, connected vending and lockers, construction machinery management, electric vehicle charging, environmental monitoring detection, fleet management, freight monitoring, and others
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East, rest of Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Vietnam
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by use case, technology, industry, and geography (delivered twice a year)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the largest and fastest-growing industry IoT use cases?
- What are the ICT components that make up the IoT technology market?
- How will IoT technology investments vary by region, country, and industry?
- What are the annual and compound annual growth rates for 2022-2027 for hardware, services, software, and connectivity? For industries, use cases, and geographies?
- How do the technology category spending relationships differ by industry over the forecast period?