IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Internet of Things Spending Guide examines the Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity from a country, industry, use case, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's custom query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the emerging IoT market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the IoT market:
- Regions: 8 regions — the United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
- Countries: The United States, Canada, Japan, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, rest of CEE, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, rest of Middle East and Africa, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, PRC, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, rest of Asia/Pacific, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, and rest of Latin America
- Hardware: Modules/sensors, storage, servers, and security hardware
- Software: IoT purpose-built platforms (horizontal and vertical industry), analytics software, application software, and security software
- Services: IT and installation services and ongoing or content services
- Use cases: Connected vehicles, air traffic monitoring, clinical care, insurance telematics, personal wellness, smart appliances, remote health monitoring, smart buildings, environmental monitoring and detection, and more
- Industries: Banking, insurance, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, transportation, healthcare provider, government, education, telecommunications, and more
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- The definition of IoT defined from an IT and operational process perspective
- The market size and industry opportunity by specific country and technology
- The industry market drivers impacting IoT growth
- Adoption levels and ways that end users invest and allocate their budgets toward IoT use cases
- The preferred IoT vendors
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What constitutes IoT processes?
- What are the different horizontal, vertical, and industry-specific IT elements that make up the IoT market?
- How will IoT adoption vary by region, country, and industry?
- How will the IoT IT market grow over the forecast period by industry and use case?
- Which vertical markets will show greater growth and IT market opportunity around IoT processes?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Internet of Things Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual Internet of Things Spending Guide
The overall worldwide and U.S. total addressable technology market for Internet of Things. This includes customer demand for hardware, software, and services including network connectivity services.
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform