The Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Spending Guide examines the artificial intelligence (AI) systems opportunity from the use case, technology, industry, and geography perspectives. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the AI technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 3 technology groups with 8 technology categories comprising 10 technologies: Hardware (server and storage), software (AI applications, AI application development and deployment, AI platforms [AI life cycle, AI software services, and intelligent knowledge discovery software], AI system infrastructure software), and services (business services and IT services)
- 2 deployment types for software: On premises/other and public cloud services
- 30 use cases: Automated customer service agents, automated threat intelligence and prevention systems, digital assistants, fraud analysis and investigation, program advisors and recommendation systems, supply and logistics, and more
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 32 countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Peru, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of Central and Eastern Europe, rest of Latin America, rest of the Middle East and Africa, rest of Western Europe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by use case, industry, and technology — delivered twice a year
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Where should I focus my resources for the greatest return on investment?
- Which technologies will grow the fastest in AI spending?
- Which regions and countries are early adopters of artificial intelligence technology?
- Which industries show the greatest long-term potential, and which are the largest industries in any specific country for AI spending?
- In which use cases should you develop expertise to support your AI business?
- What does the future hold for the adoption of AI? Which areas should I develop, and which should I avoid?
Senior Research Manager, International, Customer Insights & Analysis
Research Manager, Data and Analytics, Europe
Group Director, Software/Service Solutions, Data & Analytics, IDC Japan
Research Analyst, Market Insights and Analytics
Senior Market Analyst
Research Manager, Customer Insights and Analysis (META), IDC