Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition is IDC's monthly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 86 geographies. As the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data across six continents, IDC's Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition offers a real-time profile of the ICT market in each of the countries where IDC is currently represented.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- Infrastructure: Server/storage, network equipment, security appliances, and infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Devices: PCs, tablets, mobile phones, wearables, hardcopy peripherals, and PC monitors
- Telecom services: Fixed and mobile, and voice and data
- Software: Applications, application development and deployment and system infrastructure
- IT services: Managed services, project-oriented services, and support services
- Business services
- Deployment: Cloud and noncloud
- Buyer segment: Consumer, enterprise, cloud and digital service provider, managed service provider, and communications service provider
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 86 geographies: Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Africa, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of Middle East, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition
Full data deliverable with five-year forecasts for 86 geographies, updated monthly
Worldwide ICT Market Update
Monthly overview of changes to forecasts for ICT spending
State of the Market
Quarterly review of ICT market trends and forecasts
Cloud ICT Spending Forecast
Analysis of cloud versus noncloud ICT spending, and ICT spending by cloud service providers
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are short-term economic wild cards disrupting IT budgets and spending?
- What is the impact of economic wild cards such as inflation, COVID-19, and the Russia-Ukraine War on ICT spending?
- How are businesses in different regions responding to changes in the business environment each month?
- What do historical market trends teach us about the relationship between IT spending and the overall economy?
- What is the proportion of ICT spending by consumer, enterprise, and service provider customer segments?
- How much ICT spending is now deployed in the cloud when compared with traditional deployments?
Market Segments Covered
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition examines how ICT spending is distributed by technology, geography, customer segment, and deployment. ICT spending is tracked according to the following buyer segments: consumer, enterprise, cloud and digital service provider, managed service provider, and communications service provider. In addition, ICT spending is measured according to cloud and noncloud deployment models.
Program Vice President, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Market Analyst
Senior Market Analyst
Research Manager, Data and Analytics, Europe
Research Manager, IT Spending Guide, Data & Analytics, IDC Japan
Senior Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Research Analyst, Market Analytics & Insights
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Infrastructure, Middle East & Africa