Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition is IDC's monthly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 100 countries. As the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data across six continents, IDC's Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition offers a profile of the ICT market in each of the countries where IDC is currently represented.
Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition
This product covers the following segments of the ICT market:
- Infrastructure: Server, external storage, enterprise network, telecom equipment, and infrastructure as a service
- Devices: Traditional PC, tablet, smartphone, feature phone, hardcopy peripheral, and PC monitor
- Telecom services: Fixed and mobile, voice and data
- Software: Applications, application development, and deployment and system infrastructure
- IT services: Outsourcing, project-oriented, and support and training
- Business services
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- ICT Spending Forecasts (2019-2023)
- Monthly ICT Spending Analysis
- Historical IT Spending (1995-2018)
- Macroeconomic Forecast Assumptions and Analysis
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition
Full data deliverable with five-year forecasts for 100 countries
Worldwide IT Spending Historical Databook
Overview of historical IT spending since 1995
State of the Market
Review of ICT market trends and forecasts
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key emerging markets and ICT hotspots around the world?
- What proportion of overall ICT budgets are allocated to hardware, software, and services spending?
- How do Asia/Pacific and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) differ in ICT investment strategies?
- What is the impact of economic trends on ICT spending, including the impact of the volatility in emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- What do historical market trends teach us about the relationship between IT spending and the overall economy?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition examines how vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the ICT market. This product reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the ICT market, including:
Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Rest of Africa, Rest of Asia/Pacific, Rest of CEE, Rest of Latin America, Rest of Middle East, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
Meet the Experts
Group Manager, IT Spending, IDC Japan
Research Manager, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager
Senior Market Analyst
Research Director, Storage, Systems & Infrastructure Solutions, CEMA
Program Vice President, Customer Insights & Analysis
Vice President, Emerging Technology Research