IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Augmented and Virtual Reality Spending Guide examines the augmented reality (AR)/ virtual reality (VR) opportunity from a region, industry, use case, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the augmented reality and virtual reality markets by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the augmented and virtual reality market:
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
- Technology markets including augmented reality viewer, virtual reality viewer, augmented reality software, third-party applications development, virtual reality software, consulting services, and integration services
- Use cases such as 360-degree educational video viewing, architectural design, and augmented reality anatomy; automotive dealer: virtual test drive, logistics and package delivery management, real estate virtual property tours, and remote surgery; and retail store: virtual fitting rooms, virtual reality grid control, and more
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- The definition of the augmented and virtual reality markets from the type and use case perspective
- The sizes of the AR/VR opportunity by region, industry, and use case
- Market drivers impacting AR/VR adoption and growth
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How will AR/VR adoption vary by region, use case, and industry?
- How will the AR/VR market grow over the forecast period by industry and use case?
- Which industries and use cases present the greatest growth opportunity for AR/VR?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Augmented and Virtual Reality Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Spending Guide
The overall worldwide and U.S. total addressable technology market for augmented reality and virtual reality
Customer demand for headsets, software, and services
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform