IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Augmented and Virtual Reality Spending Guide examines the augmented reality (AR)/virtual reality (VR) opportunity from a region, industry, use case, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the augmented reality and virtual reality markets by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Worldwide Semiannual Augmented and Virtual Reality Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the augmented and virtual reality market:
- 9 Regions: United States, Canada, PRC, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Asia/Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
- 20 Industries: Banking, construction, consumer, discrete manufacturing, education, federal/central government, healthcare provider, insurance, media, personal and consumer services, professional services, process manufacturing, utilities, resource industries, retail, securities and investments, state/local government, telecommunications, transportation, and wholesale
- 11 Technology markets: AR viewer, VR viewer, host device, AR software, AR consulting services, AR custom application development, AR systems integration, VR software, VR consulting services, VR custom application development, and VR systems integration
- •50+ Use cases including 360-degree educational video viewing, architectural design, anatomy diagnostic, virtual test drive, logistics and package delivery management, virtual property tours, film and television amusement, retail showcasing, employee training, and over 30 more use cases
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- End-user spending in the defined augmented and virtual reality markets for IT business technology
- Market size and rate of growth by region and technology
- Market size and rate of growth by industry and associated use case
- Adoption levels and ways that end users invest and allocate their budgets toward AR/VR use cases
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How will the AR/VR adoption vary by region, use case, and industry?
- What will be the AR/VR market's total spending by industry and use case by 2022?
- Which use cases present the greatest annual growth opportunity for AR/VR?
- Which industries support the most use cases to date?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Augmented and Virtual Reality Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
The overall worldwide and U.S. total addressable technology market for augmented reality and virtual reality
Customer demand for headsets, software, and services
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform
Meet the Experts
Senior Market Analyst, PC, Mobile & Client Solution, IDC Japan
Research Manager, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager
Senior Research Analyst, Systems & Infrastructure Solutions and Imaging Devices & Document Solutions, Bulgaria
Senior Research Analyst, European Mobile Devices
Research Analyst, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Program Manager, Insights, MEA
Group Manager, PC, Mobile & Client Solution, IDC Japan
Research Director, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager, Devices, MEA
Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Senior Market Analyst
Group Director, Software & Security / IT Spending, IDC Japan
Associate Vice President, Software, CEMA
Group Vice President, Devices & AR/VR
Senior Analyst, Measurement & Forecasting Practice
Vice President, Emerging Technology Research