IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Consumables Tracker® fills demand for detailed, timely, and accurate information on the revenue of aftermarket supplies. This includes data and insight into global trends around categories such as original versus nonoriginal consumables of the ink and toner market. The program provides insightful analysis and semiannual market share data. The core of the product is a comprehensive electronic database detailing changes and trends in the competitive consumables market. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Consumables Tracker® is built on the foundation of IDC's network of country-level tracking services and bottom-up methodology.
This worldwide tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in consumables units and value.
- Ink and toner cartridges for home and office printers and MFPs
- Product origin: Original and nonoriginal (compatible, refilling services, and counterfeits)
- Inkjet (color and monochrome, all speeds)
- Monochrome laser 1–90ppm
- Color laser 1–69ppm
- Additional data details are available in the EMEA and Asia/Pacific excluding Japan and PRC (APEJC) consumables trackers. These two semiannual regional trackers provide extensive data coverage, down to the model level.
- PRC and India consumables products are quarterly trackers.
- Copier toner is not covered.
- Asia/Pacific excluding Japan and PRC (13): Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and the rest of APEJC
- Central and Eastern Europe (7): The Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, and the rest of CEE
- Latin America (3): Brazil, Mexico, and the rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (7): Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the rest of Africa, and the rest of the Middle East
- United States
- Western Europe (7): France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, and the rest of Western Europe
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The deliverable for this tracker is historical data. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.