IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Telecom Services Tracker® presents in-depth market data and forecasts for the telecommunication services market. This program provides a comprehensive view of spending on different types of telecommunication services as well as details of installed base and traffic generated. Market data is segmented by type of network, service product, and type of user. The data is presented in the form of comprehensive Excel-based tables complemented by a query tool. The database is designed to provide network service providers, solution providers, financial institutions, consulting companies, and market regulatory institutions with an easy-to-use reference tool that enables them to assess the fastest-growing sectors of the worldwide telecommunication services market from the perspective of different geographies, service providers, product segments, types of user, and more.
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Telecom Services Tracker® consists of three main sections:
- The core part contains historical information on the operators' market shares.
- The connectivity add-on covers country-level historical and forecast information with detailed segmentations by user type, technology type, or network generation.
- The operator add-on details the financial and operational statistics by operator (for historical data only).
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. The measurements for this tracker are in connections, revenue, and traffic (shipments, ports, end user, factory revenue, etc.).
- Fixed Internet Access Services
- Pay TV Services
- Mobile Services
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (13): Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and the rest of APEJ
- Central and Eastern Europe (14): Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and the rest of CEE
- Latin America (7): Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and the rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa (21): Algeria, Angola, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, the United Arab Emirates, and the rest of MEA
- United States
- Western Europe (16): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom
Note: For a complete information on coverage of different segments of this product, please contact an IDC sales representative.
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical connection data by operator
- Historical revenue data by operator
- Forecast data by country
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually. It includes historical data since 2011 and five years of annual forecasts. Forecasts are available at the country levels. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- Fixed voice lines
- Fixed voice spending
- Internet access connections
- Internet access spending
- Mobile subscriptions
- Mobile services spending