The Worldwide Internet of Things Spending Guide examines the Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity from a use case, a technology, an industry, and a geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the IoT technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the IoT market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 4 technology groups with 16 technology categories: Hardware (module/sensors, security hardware, server storage, and other hardware), software (analytics software, application software, horizontal, security, vertical industry, and other software), services (IT and installation services, ongoing service, and content as a service), and connectivity (cellular, LPWAN, and other)
- 81 named use cases, including: Agriculture animal tagging, agriculture field monitoring, air traffic monitoring, airport facility automation, ATM remote tracking, bedside telemetry, connected oil field exploration, connected vehicles, connected vending machines, construction machinery management, digital signage, electric vehicle charging, environmental monitoring detection, fleet management, food traceability, and others
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
Annual five-year forecasts by use case, technology, industry, and geography; delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Internet of Things Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional level and a total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing segments of the IoT market and how the market will develop over the coming years.