Since 1989, IDC has supported ICT suppliers and financial investors with our industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. The Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition is IDC's monthly analysis of the status and projected growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 100 countries. As the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data across six continents, IDC's Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition offers a real-time profile of the ICT market in each of the countries where IDC is currently represented.
This product covers the following segments of the ICT market:
- Infrastructure: Server/storage, network equipment, security appliances, and infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Devices: PCs, tablets, mobile phones, wearables, hardcopy peripherals, and PC monitors
- Telecom services: Fixed and mobile and voice and data
- Software: Applications, application development, and deployment and system infrastructure
- IT services: Managed services, project-oriented services, and support services
- Business services
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- ICT Spending Forecasts (2021–2025), Updated Monthly
- Monthly ICT Spending Analysis
- Historical ICT Spending (2006–2020)
- Macroeconomic Forecast Assumptions and Analysis
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition
Full data deliverable with five-year forecasts for 100 countries
Worldwide ICT Market Update
Monthly overview of changes to forecasts for ICT spending
State of the Market
Quarterly review of ICT market trends and forecasts
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are short-term economic wild cards disrupting IT budgets and spending?
- What impact is the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic having on ICT spending?
- How are businesses in different regions responding to changes in the business environment each month?
- What is the impact of economic volatility on emerging markets?
- Which market sectors are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- What do historical market trends teach us about the relationship between IT spending and the overall economy?
IDC's Worldwide Black Book: Live Edition examines how vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the ICT market. This product reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several countries in the ICT market, including: