3rd Platform technologies have created the underpinnings for business process transformation. With such high stakes, the business is taking a front seat in technology initiatives. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Line of Business quantifies the purchasing power of the non-IT department technology buyer. Delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool, users can easily extract meaningful information about technology markets and industries.
Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Line of Business
This product covers the following segments of the IT market:
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, PRC, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 12 functional areas: Accounting/finance/billing, customer service, engineering, architecture and research, human resources, industry-specific operations, enterprise IT, legal, marketing, sales, security and risk, supply chain management, and other horizontal operations
- 16 enterprise industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 20 technology markets: Across hardware, software, and services categories
- 2 funding types: Business funded and IT funded
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Sizes of business buyer opportunities by region, country, industry, technology, and functional area
- Market drivers impacting business buyer technology growth
- Identifying the technologies that business buyers are purchasing
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What unique functional trends are driving the shift of spend away from IT to the business?
- How does this business-line spending differ by region and country?
- Which functional areas by industry are purchasing the most technology?
- What technologies and services are functional areas purchasing?
- What is the total technology budget controlled by the function by industry?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Line of Business provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming years.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Line of Business 1H18
1H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Line of Business
Worldwide Semiannual Line of Business Spending Guide 2H18
2H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual Spending Guide: Line of Business
Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size Taxonomy
IDC's standard industry, company size taxonomy, and methodology
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform
Meet the Experts
Vice President Consulting & Strategic Solutions, Latin America
Senior Research Manager
Program Director, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Analyst, Insights, CEE
Program Manager, Insights, MEA
Senior Market Analyst
Senior Market Analyst, IT Spending, IDC Japan
Manager, Measurement & Forecasting Practice
Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Senior Market Analyst
Vice President, Emerging Technology Research