The Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Manufacturing provides an in-depth industry market forecast for 3rd Platform and emerging technology growth across the following markets: 3D printing, AI systems, AR/VR, big data and analytics, cloud, IoT, mobility, robotics, security, and social. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a holistic understanding of new and emerging market opportunities in manufacturing alongside traditional technologies, including the migration of ICT to the cloud.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 2 industries: Discrete manufacturing and process manufacturing
- 11 subindustries: Aerospace and defense, automotive, base materials — chemicals, base materials — metals, base materials — pulp and paper, CPG, high tech — electronic components, high tech — equipment, high tech — other, other discrete manufacturing, and other process manufacturing
- 2 platform groups: 2nd Platform and 3rd Platform
- 3 platform categories: 2nd Platform, innovation accelerator, and pillar
- 11 platform details: 2nd Platform, 3D printing, AI systems, AR/VR, big data and analytics, cloud, IoT, mobility, robotics, security, and social
- 3 technology group: Hardware, software, and IT services
- 2 delivery types: Cloud related and noncloud/other
- 6 years of data
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, industry, subindustry, platform group, platform category, platform detail, and delivery type — delivered twice a year
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide manufacturing technology opportunity including both 2nd Platform and 3rd Platform technologies?
- Which 3rd Platform technology and manufacturing subindustries are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- At what pace will spending shift from 2nd Platform to 3rd Platform technologies in the manufacturing industry?