The Strategic Tool Every Tech Leader Should Have
An IDC FutureScape Report provides…
The top predictions in a particular technology or industry for the next 1-5 years.
Implications contextualized at a global, regional, or country level.
Guidance that help CIOs and senior leaders identify IT/tech changes that can impact 3-year plans and roadmaps.
Get more value-add in this year’s reports
IDC's trusted predictive analytics partnered with unparalleled analyst expertise on tech's impact in 2023 on businesses and society created the ultimate guide designed for increased business success, whether you’re a technology leader or a technology provider.
Take advantage of IDC’s FutureScape reports in navigating through today’s unsettled times. With over 65 individual reports published with Asia/Pacific and Japan implications alone, IDC provides a wealth of resources to help leaders – whether IT, Line-of-Business, Marketing or Sales – make informed decisions in line with research-backed tech business predictions for their organization's growth in the upcoming year.
For the first-time ever, the Asia/Pacific Japan FutureScape reports will be published with an accompanying FREE report with a Call to Action specific to Tech Sales Leaders and Tech Marketing Leaders.
Explore our Role-Based Call-to-Action Around IDC FutureScape Reports
Let IDC FutureScape reports help you
- Frame the direction of your IT Strategy and Roadmap for the next 12-60 months;
- Evaluate individual areas of IT impact in 2023 from fast-emerging technology solutions; and
- Justify technology adoption and investment decisions, big and small.
Enhance your story-telling and GTM plans with IDC FutureScape reports.*
- Align your GTM narratives to prediction statements that will resonate better with customers and prospects
- Get buyer insights to help evaluate your preferred engagement models for different personas (e.g. Executives, LoB vs CIO), assessment tools and customer testimonials that can be pursued in your marketing plan.
Leverage on IDC insights to better understand your clients’ priorities.
- Capitalize on our recommended sales narratives aimed at helping tech sales leaders and their account managers better position their portfolio/capabilities according to IDC’s prediction statements
- Get recommendations on how tech sales leaders can create value for their customers in each of the prediction areas. Examples of value creation could be lower cost, higher RoI, new revenue generation/revenue growth, higher margin/profitability, ecosystem-impact, sustainability/ESG milestones etc.
The C-Suite Agenda will peer into emergent trends and practices that cut through all industries as they commit to their digital transformation plans and become future enterprises. This section covers our predictions report (also known as IDC FutureScape) on the CIO Agenda, the Future Enterprise, and the 9 CEO Agenda topics.
- B2B Sales
- CIO Agenda
- CMO Agenda
The Future Enterprise is IDC’s vision for how organizations must operate and invest to participate in increasingly digital-first markets. It fosters a digital-first culture — one that leverages trusted industry ecosystems, generates profitable revenue growth from empathetic customer experiences, and demonstrates an ability to adapt operating models to complex customer requirements. All of this is built on digital infrastructure and enabled by an intelligent, empowered, and well-connected workforce.
- Future of Connectedness
- Future of Customer Experience
- Future of Digital Infrastructure
- Future of Industry Ecosystems
- Future of Intelligence
- Future of Operations
- Future of Trust
- Future of Work
The focus area of “Technology” shows a list of predictions specific to technology areas - from 3rd Platform technologies (like Cloud and Big Data Analytics), and Innovation Accelerator topics (like Blockchain, AI, and IoT), to other areas that are actively disrupting our digital landscape (like IPDS, Services, and Connected Devices).
- Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- Connected Devices
- Data and Content Technology
- Decentralized Platforms: Web3, Crypto, NFT
- Developer and DevOps
- Future Consumer
- Imaging, Printing, Document Solutions and 3D Printing
- Intelligent ERP
- IT Industry
- Smart Cities and Communities
ESG is a growing movement greatly advanced by the effects of the pandemic and the climate crisis. With the rise of the digital world, new opportunities are opened for organizations to integrate technology into ESG efforts. To grow and transform into a resilient digital business, the incorporation of ESG values in the organization is vital; a sound strategy for sustainable growth and development, and profitability.
Created to guide technology suppliers on the dynamics, tech-buying patterns, and go-to-market approaches needed to effectively reach and engage digital-native organizations, the aim of this focus area is to help start-ups, scales ups, disruptors, emerging tech companies, and SMBs to build trust in their brand, expand reach, and drive lead generation and revenue.
- Digital Business
- Digital Native Business/SMB
Every industry and sector utilizes technology and ICTs at some level. Industry will take a deep-dive into how technology patterns and other trends in these different sectors will change, such as in: banking, education, petrochemicals/gas, government, utility supply chain, manufacturing, and many more.
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Banking
- Digital Lending
- Hospitality, Dining and Travel
- Life Sciences
- Manufacturing Product/Service Innovation
- National Government
- Oil and Gas
- Retail Banking
- Supply Chain