IDC's Worldwide Security Spending Guide examines the security opportunity from a technology, industry, company size, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the security technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 3 technology groups with 40 technologies, including: Hardware (messaging security, network security, secure web gateway, firewall, UTM, IDP/IPS, and VPN), software (identity and digital trust; authentication; identity management; privileged access management; messaging security; information security; data security; sensitive data management and data privacy; network security; active application security; secure access and segmentation; zero trust edge; cybersecurity analytics; intelligence, response, and orchestration; device vulnerability assessment; software vulnerability assessment; security information and event management; tier 2 SOC analytics and cloud-native XDR; consumer/soho endpoint; modern endpoint; server security; ediscovery and forensics applications; and governance, risk, and compliance software), and services (consulting services, integration services, IT education and training, managed security services, and support security services)
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 5 company size segments: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Latin America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Japan, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 48 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by technology, industry, company size, and geography delivered twice a year
- Subscription includes inquiry time and query tool access
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How big is the total worldwide cybersecurity opportunity across hardware, software, and services?
- Which industries offer the largest opportunities for security technologies in each country?
- Should we consider smaller/larger companies than our current target?
- Which technologies are attracting incremental spending in our target industry segments?
- Which industries are growing the fastest? How does growth vary by company size?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?