The Worldwide Semiannual Security Spending Guide examines the security spending opportunity from a country, industry, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows users to easily extract meaningful information about the core and next-generation security markets by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the security market:
- Security software spend including access and information protection, antimalware, server security, privileged access, authentication, messaging security, and device vulnerability assessment
- Security hardware spend including firewall, IDP, unified threat management, VPN, and data classification and data loss prevention
- Security services spend including consulting services, integration services, managed security services, education, and training
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- 47 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of Middle East and Africa, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 5 company size segments (employees): 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Next-generation security market definition
- Detailed regional, industry, and technology market forecasts
- Market and industry drivers impacting security growth
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the different elements of security spend?
- How will security spending adoption vary by region, country, and industry?
- How will the core security market and next-generation security grow over the forecast period?
- Which industries and geographies present the greatest growth opportunity for security spend?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Security Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual Security Spending Guide
This spending guide will provide a five-year security forecast by 8 regions, 20 industries, and 30 technologies. It is updated twice a year.
Worldwide Security Taxonomy
This document defines the security technologies found in the spending guide.
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform