The role of digital technology in the mass market has expanded enormously. Both at home and on the move, connected devices are increasingly used as the primary means to access entertainment, get information, and carry out transactions. As this digital transformation of everyday lives gathers pace, high-quality connectivity and application services become critical and indispensable. IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Telco 2025: Services Transformation research analyzes how mobile and fixed-line network operators are coping with the challenges and opportunities presented by this "rolling revolution" in their customers' behavior. This service details and analyzes the strategies, services, business models, and competitive players that are emerging as fixed and mobile networks converge, and as they evolve from telecoms-centric to internet-centric infrastructures.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Service opportunities inside and outside the digital home
- Managing legacy services and keeping them profitable
- Evolution of telco communications services in the OTT era
- Digital TV and video services and multiscreen strategies
- Telcos' role in content delivery and curation
- The expansion of telcos' role into banking and payments
- MVNOs and sub-brand strategies
- Trends in the usage of mobile and internet devices by end users
- Major trends in service pricing, bundling, and marketing
- Next-generation networks: fibre, 4G+, and 5G
- Fixed-mobile convergence: operators, networks, and services
- The impact of regulation on strategies and services
- Reports analyzing topics of immediate and long-term importance
- Commentary on and analysis of industry events
- Industry best practices and case studies
- Market forecasts for mobile services
- Market forecasts for fixed-line broadband services
- Market forecasts for digital TV, video, and quad-play services
- Smartphone tracker quarterly overview
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will growth in the digital home and digital lifestyles affect mass market connectivity services?
- What role does TV play in telco services and strategies?
- What are the key trends in fixed and mobile service bundling?
- How can network operators ensure sustained profitability in mature markets with declining end-user spending?
- Is there a long-term role for mobile-only and fixed-only operators?
- What will be the impact of trends in regulation and industry structure?
- What is the impact of next-generation network technology on operator portfolios and strategies?
- How should network operators handle relationships
BT Group plc,
EIRCOM GROUP LIMITED,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.,
Koninklijke KPN N.V.,
LM Ericsson Telephone Company,
Sunrise Communications Ltd,
TIM Celular S.A.,
Telekom Austria Aktiengesellschaft,
Vodafone Group Plc