The European Consumer Telecoms Strategies subscription service aims to answer this essential question. This means tracking and forecasting the evolution of the market for core telecoms services in a changing marketplace, and understanding how these can best be complemented with new services to create new revenue streams and strengthen core services. It means understanding how telcos can best provide and communicate value to their customers, to remain relevant and build customer relationships. And how taking on the role of an enabler in the digital marketplace — enabling customers' digital lives and enabling other digital service providers to better reach an audience — will help telcos find balance between fighting a losing battle against new competitors and fading into the background as a bit pipe.
European Consumer Telecoms Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Transformation and evolution of telco service offerings in the 5G era
- Opportunities enabled by emerging technologies: 5G, edge, artificial intelligence (AI), and IoT
- Telco roles in the connected home
- TV and content strategy
- Monetization and uptake increase of 5G and FTTP
- Major trends in service pricing, bundling, and marketing
- Business cases around sustainability offerings
- Market Analysis Perspective: European Consumer Telecoms Strategies
- Effectiveness of European Telcos' Consumer Strategies
- European Telcos' Strategies for Media Services
- AI/ML Use Cases in Telco Services
- Sustainability as a Competitive Tool for Telcos
- 5G and new media services
- Telco opportunities in cloud gaming
- The role of satellite in European broadband
- MVNOs and digital brands — important trends
- •European Mass Market Telecoms Services Forecast, 2022–2026
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are telcos reshaping their position in the digital economy?
- Which emerging technologies and business models do telcos need to address and how?
- What are the long-term scenarios and possibilities in the 5G era for telcos in Europe?
- What will be the telco revenue growth engines of the future?
- How should telcos engage with customers and partners?
- Where are telcos' opportunities and competitive threats?
- How will changing consumer and business behavior affect what telcos sell?
- How do providers demonstrate the value of their sustainability offering and how to incorporate these concepts into service propositions?
- AT&T Inc.
- Altice N.V.
- Apple Inc.
- BT Group plc
- Bouygues S.A.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- EIR Inc.
- Google LLC
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- KPN N.V.
- Liberty Global PLC
- Masmovil Ibercom SA
- Meta Platforms Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- NTT Communications Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- Orange S.A.
- Proximus Group
- SALT Solutions GmbH
- SFR S.A.
- Sunrise Communications Ltd
- Swisscom Ltd.
- TDC A/S
- TIM S.p.A.
- Tata Communications Limited
- Tele2 AB
- Telefonica S.A.
- Telekom Austria AG
- Telenor ASA
- Telia Company AB
- Three Inc.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Virgin Media Limited
- Vodafone Group Plc
- Ziggo BV