The Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size is IDC's flagship all-in-one data product capturing IT spending across 100+ technology categories and 53 countries. This IDC spending guide provides a granular view of the market for IT spending from a country, industry, company size, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and industries by viewing data trends, relationships, and making data comparisons across 3+ million data points.
This product segments IT spending across the following dimensions:
- 8 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, Rest of Asia/Pacific, Rest of CEE, Rest of Latin America, Rest of Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities services, investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 5 company size segments: 1–9 employees, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+
- 107 technology markets across hardware, software, and services categories
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Which countries and technologies are growing faster than the market average
- The market size and industry opportunity by specific region, country, and technology
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key IT markets and industry hotspots around the world?
- How are overall IT budgets allocated among 100+ technology markets across hardware, software, and services categories?
- How do various countries differ in IT investment strategies?
- Which industries are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- How do companies of various sizes allocate their IT spend among various technologies?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual IT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size
A detailed country, industry, technology, and company size spending forecast
IDC's Worldwide Industry and Company Size Taxonomy
A detailed taxonomy explaining IDC's industry standard definitions and segmentation methodology
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform