The Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size is IDC's flagship all-in-one data product capturing IT spending across 100+ technology categories and 53 countries. This IDC spending guide provides a granular view of the market for IT spending from a country, industry, company size, and technology perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about various technology markets and industries by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons across 3+ million data points.
Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size
This product segments IT spending across the following dimensions:
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, PRC, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- 100+ technology markets: Across hardware, software, and services categories
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 5 company size segments: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- The countries and technologies that are growing faster than the market average
- The market size and industry opportunity by specific region, country, and technology
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key IT markets and industry hotspots around the world?
- How are overall IT budgets allocated among 100+ technology markets across hardware, software, and services categories?
- How do various countries differ in IT investment strategies?
- Which industries are expected to enjoy the largest share of investment in the next five years?
- How do companies of various sizes allocate their IT spend among various technologies?
Global Program Coverage
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, company size, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size 1H18
1H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size
Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size 2H18
2H18 release of the Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size
Worldwide Semiannual ICT Spending Guide: Industry and Company Size Taxonomy
IDC's standard industry, company size taxonomy, and methodology
IDC Products and Services: Solving Business Challenges on the 3rd Platform
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Manager, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager
Research Director, European CI&A, Emerging Tech
Research Manager, Insights, CEE
Program Manager, Insights, MEA
Senior Market Analyst
Program Manager, Enterprise Hardware, Latin America. Research Manager, Consumer and Enterprise, Argentina
Senior Research Analyst, Software, Latin America
Manager, Measurement & Forecasting Practice
Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Vice President, Customer Insights & Analysis
Vice President, Emerging Technology Research