Public cloud computing is a key underpinning for business process transformation and, in some cases, business model transformation. With its lower cost and ease of implementation, cloud computing has become a key component of all technology initiatives. IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide quantifies public cloud computing purchases by cloud type and industry across 53 countries. This comprehensive database delivered via pivot table format or IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows users to easily extract meaningful information about the public cloud services market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
This product covers the following segments of the IT market:
- 8 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, and Asia/Pacific
- 47 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, PRC, rest of Asia/Pacific, rest of CEE, rest of Latin America, rest of Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela
- 3 public cloud computing types: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- 5 primary markets: System infrastructure software, application development and software, applications, server, and storage
- 20 secondary markets including security software, collaborative applications, CRM applications, ERM applications, application development software, and more
- 20 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and consumer
- 5 company size segments: 1–9, 10–99, 100–499, 500–999, and 1,000+ employees
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Sizes of cloud opportunity by region, country, industry, technology, and company size
- Survey report highlighting market drivers impacting cloud technology growth by industry
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What unique trends are driving the shift of spend to cloud computing?
- How does cloud computing spending differ by region and country?
- Which industries are spending the most on cloud computing?
- What cloud computing technologies and services are the functional areas purchasing?
- What is the total technology budget controlled by the function by industry?
- How much will this shift by 2017? By 2021?
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide
This deliverable will provide a five-year forecast by 20 verticals, by 3 cloud types, by 4-5 primary markets, and 20 secondary software markets by region and country. It is updated twice a year.
Worldwide Cloud Taxonomy
This document defines cloud types and technologies found in the spending guide.
This PowerPoint presentation will focus on the unique trends and drivers impacting purchasing decisions of cloud technologies.
IDC Worldwide Industry and Company Size Taxonomy
This detailed taxonomy will explain IDC's industry-standard definitions and segmentation methodology.