target audience: TECH SUPPLIER Publication date: Apr 2023 - Document type: IDC Survey - Doc Document number: # EUR150083823
IT-OT Convergence Survey: Implications for European Utility Asset Operators — Part 1
The IDC Energy Worldwide Insights IT and OT Convergence Survey is a biannual study of utilities' attitude toward IT-OT integration, their organizational maturity, governance model for IT and OT functions, budget responsibility, and investment priorities.
The 2022 edition covered 153 electricity, gas, and water utilities across eight European countries: France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, the Netherlands, and the U.K.
This report is part of a series of two documents that provides insights into the convergence and progressive integration of IT and OT within the European utility industry. This document covers the following areas:
- Drivers and barriers to IT-OT integration initiatives, including support of utilities' sustainability goals
- Impact of increased IT and OT integration on business performance in different areas as well as estimated economic value of downtime
- IT and OT functions moving away from the classic segregated model toward increased coordination and integration
- Structure and hierarchical model of IT and OT organizations
- Funding of IT and OT integration projects