IDC's Cloud and Datacenter Networks service provides continuous market data and analysis of the worldwide markets for datacenter and multicloud networking, including software, hardware, and cloud services. As applications migrate to public clouds, the datacenter and its network are becoming increasingly distributed, driving a need for elastically scalable architectures, declarative policy-based automation, simpler operations, better abstractions, and seamless operation with public clouds. This service provides research and analysis on how these trends are reshaping the datacenter and multicloud networking markets.
Cloud and Datacenter Networks
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Datacenter network infrastructure
- Ethernet switching in the datacenter
- Datacenter network spending, segmented by technology/region
- Growth of bare metal ODM/white-box switching
- Network disaggregation, including open source network operating systems such as SONiC
- Software-defined networking (SDN) and intent-based networking
- Automation of datacenter networks
- Application delivery network infrastructure
- IaaS networking (network services provided by IaaS cloud giants)
- Networking for converged and hyperconverged infrastructure
- IDC Innovators documents on networking start-ups
- Datacenter networking for hybrid/multicloud environments
- Ingress controllers and service meshes
- Evolution of open source networking technologies
- Software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) markets and technologies
- Key industry partnerships and alliances in datacenter networking
- Datacenter Network Forecast and Analysis
- Datacenter Switching Forecast and Market Share
- Application Delivery Controller Forecast and Analysis
- Datacenter SDN/IBN Forecast and Analysis
- Analysis and Overview of Multicloud Networking and Multicloud
- Market Assessments and Forecasts for IaaS Networking
- IT Buyer Studies: Deployment of Datacenter/Multicloud Networking
- Container Networking, Including Service Mesh Technologies
- Datacenter/Multicloud Network Customer Requirements
- SD-WAN Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the greatest growth opportunities for datacenter network infrastructure vendors (hardware and software) in on-premises datacenters and public clouds?
- As hybrid IT and multicloud proliferate, what challenges and opportunities are available to established vendors, cloud providers, and start-ups?
- What are enterprise requirements for multicloud networking?
- How and where will public clouds continue to impact the datacenter network landscape, driving new innovations and best practices?
- What IaaS networking services from cloud giants will have the greatest market impact?
- How will buying centers change as multicloud networking and cloud-native technologies gain wider adoption?
A10 Networks, Inc., AT&T Inc., Accton Technology Corp., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Alkira Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Arista Networks, Inc., Array Networks, Inc., Aviatrix Systems, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Celestica Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., CloudGenix Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Delta Networks, Inc., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Equinix Inc., Extreme Networks, Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Innovium Media Properties Corp., Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., KEMP Technologies, Inc., Marvell Technology Group Ltd., Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Nefeli Networks, Inc., New H3C Technologies Co., Ltd., Nokia Corporation, Nuage Networks, Oracle Corporation, Pica8 Inc., Pluribus Networks, Inc., Quanta Services Inc., Radware Ltd., Red Hat, Inc., Riverbed Technology, Inc., Silver Peak Systems, Inc. , Snapt Inc., Teridion, Inc., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Versa Networks, Inc., Volterra Inc.