IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides reliable worldwide market analysis data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market, and it outlines how trends in enterprise networks influence communications, mobility, and the increasing consumption of cloud apps and services. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, and distribution channel activity and provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise networking and communications infrastructure.
Enterprise Communications Infrastructure
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Ethernet switches: Speed (GbE, 10GbE, and 25/40/50/100GbE+)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), access/branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; and the impact of emerging trends such as mobility, location services, and IoT
- Cloud-managed networking (WiFi, Ethernet Switch, etc.)
- Network monitoring and management tools and market dynamics
- SD-WAN infrastructure and the emergence of SD-Branch architectures
- Impact of cloud delivery models and applications on the enterprise network, including the drive toward SDN
- Convergence trends: Voice, IP telephony, unified wired and wireless, session border controllers (SBCs), browsers, and WebRTC
- Market-leading enterprise networking equipment suppliers and promising start-ups
- Videoconferencing and telepresence, video content, and delivery infrastructure
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide IP PBX and IP Phone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Forecast and Analysis
- IDC Enterprise Networking Predictions
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Forecast and Analysis
- IDC PlanScape: SD-WAN for Unified Communications
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide SD-WAN Infrastructure Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing Equipment Vendor Analysis
- Worldwide DDI Market Shares
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
- Worldwide IP PBX Market Shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, SD-WANs, voice/data convergence, video, Internet of Things, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of software-defined and cloud-managed IT architectures in building network infrastructure change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
- How will machine learning (and AI) technologies be integrated into enterprise network management products?
- What impact will the emergence of 5G have on enterprise networks?
ADTRAN, Inc., Aerohive Networks, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Allied Telesis, Inc., Arista Networks, Inc., Asante, Inc., Avaya Inc., BELAIR NETWORKS INC., Blackberry Ltd., BlueCat Networks, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Brocade Communications Systems, CA Technologies, Inc., CISTERA NETWORKS, INC., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., CloudGenix Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Ericsson, Firetide, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Interactive Intelligence Group, Inc., Intermec, Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., LSI Corporation, Logitech international S.A., MELCO HOLDINGS INC., MICROSEMI CORPORATION, Marvell Technology Group Ltd., Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Mitel LLC, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NEC Corporation, NETGEAR, Inc., NETOPIA, INC., NETSCOUT Systems, Inc., Netergy Microelectronics, Inc., Network Peripherals Inc, Nokia Corporation, ONRELAY LIMITED, Oracle Corporation, POWERDSINE LTD., Pexip AS, Polycom, Inc., REVA SYSTEMS CORP, Radware Ltd., Riverbed Technology, Inc., Ruckus Networks, SILVERPEAK STRATEGIC PARTNERS LP, STRIX SYSTEMS INC, Samsung, SevOne Inc., ShoreTel, Inc., SolarWinds, Inc., StarLeaf Limited, THINGMAGIC INC, TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd., TROPOS NETWORKS, INC., Talari Networks Inc., Toshiba Corporation, Ubiquiti Networks, Inc., VBRICK SYSTEMS INC, VERIWAVE INC, VeloCloud Networks, Inc., Vidyo, Inc., Viptela, Inc., Zebra Technologies Corporation, Zyxel Communications Corp.
Meet the Experts
Research Director, Network Infrastructure
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C)
Vice President, Network Infrastructure