IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides reliable worldwide market analysis data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market, and it outlines how trends in enterprise networks influence communications, mobility, and the increasing consumption of cloud apps and services. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, and distribution channel activity and provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise networking and communications infrastructure.
Enterprise Communications Infrastructure
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Ethernet switches: Speed (GbE, 10GbE, and 25/40/50/100GbE+)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), access/branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; and the impact of emerging trends such as mobility, location services, and IoT
- Cloud-managed networking (Wi-Fi, Ethernet switch, SD-WAN, etc.)
- SD-WAN infrastructure and the emergence of SD-Branch architectures that integrate management of edge networking functionality
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Market Share, Forecast, and Analysis
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Market Share, Forecast, and Analysis
- Worldwide SD-WAN Infrastructure Market Share, Forecast, and Analysis
- Worldwide IP PBX and IP Phone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Forecast and Analysis
- Impact of COVID-19 on Enterprise Networking Technology Markets
- IDC Enterprise Networking Predictions
- IDC PlanScape: SD-WAN for Unified Communications
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Network Performance Management Market Shares, Forecast, and Analysis
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, SD-WANs, voice/data convergence, video, Internet of Things, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of software-defined and cloud-managed IT architectures in building network infrastructure change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
- How will machine learning and AI technologies be integrated into enterprise network management products?
- What impact will the emergence of 5G have on enterprise networks?
Meet the Experts
Research Director, Network Infrastructure
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C)
Vice President, Network Infrastructure