IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides reliable worldwide data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market, and outlines how trends in enterprise networks influence communications, mobility, servers, and storage. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, product advancements, distribution channel activity, and market directions and provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise communications infrastructure.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Ethernet switches: Speed (100Mb, GbE, 10GbE+) and layers (2, 3, and 4–7)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; and the impact of emerging trends such as enterprise mobility, location services, and IoT
- Network management tools and market dynamics
- The emerging SD-WAN market and convergence of branch networks
- Impact of cloud delivery models and applications on the enterprise network, including the drive toward SDN
- Convergence trends: Voice, IP telephony, unified wired and wireless, session border controllers (SBCs), browsers, and WebRTC
- Market-leading enterprise networking equipment suppliers and promising start-ups
- Videoconferencing and telepresence, video content, and delivery infrastructure
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide IP PBX and IP Phone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Forecast and Analysis
- IDC Enterprise Networking Predictions
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Forecast and Analysis
- IDC PlanScape: SD-WAN for Unified Communications
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Router Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing Equipment Vendor Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise WLAN Vendor Analysis
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
- Worldwide IP PBX Market Shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, SD-WANs, voice/data convergence, video, Internet of Things, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of software-defined and cloud-managed IT architectures in building network infrastructure change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
Allied Telesis, Inc.,
Belkin International, Inc.,
Brocade Communications Systems,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
CISTERA NETWORKS, INC.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems GmbH,
DIGICOM TECHNOLOGIES, INC.,
Extreme Networks, Inc.,
Foundry Networks, LLC,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.,
Interactive Intelligence Group, Inc.,
Intermec Technologies Aktiebolag,
Juniper Networks, Inc.,
LM Ericsson Telephone Company,
LifeSize Communications, Inc.,
Logitech international S.A.,
Marvell Technology Group Ltd.,
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation,
Motorola Solutions, Inc.,
Riverbed Technology, Inc.,
Ruckus Wireless, Inc.,
TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd.,
Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.,
ZyXEL Communications Inc.