IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides reliable worldwide data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market, and outlines how trends in enterprise networks influence communications, mobility, servers, and storage. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, product advancements, distribution channel activity, and market directions and provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise communications infrastructure.
Enterprise Communications Infrastructure
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Ethernet switches: Speed (100Mb, GbE, 10GbE+) and layers (2, 3, and 4–7)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; and the impact of emerging trends such as enterprise mobility, location services, and IoT
- Network management tools and market dynamics
- The emerging SD-WAN market and convergence of branch networks
- Impact of cloud delivery models and applications on the enterprise network, including the drive toward SDN
- Convergence trends: Voice, IP telephony, unified wired and wireless, session border controllers (SBCs), browsers, and WebRTC
- Market-leading enterprise networking equipment suppliers and promising start-ups
- Videoconferencing and telepresence, video content, and delivery infrastructure
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide IP PBX and IP Phone Forecast and Analysis
- IDC Enterprise Networking Predictions
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Forecast and Analysis
- IDC PlanScape: SD-WAN for Unified Communications
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Router Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing Equipment Vendor Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise WLAN Vendor Analysis
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
- Worldwide IP PBX Market Shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, SD-WANs, voice/data convergence, video, Internet of Things, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of software-defined and cloud-managed IT architectures in building network infrastructure change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
ADTRAN, Inc., ANCOR Foundation, APCON, Inc., AXILSPOT Communication Co., Ltd., Aerohive Networks, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Allied Telesis, Inc., Arista Networks, Inc., Aruba Networks, Inc., Aryaka Networks Inc., Atheros GmbH, Avaya Inc., BELAIR NETWORKS INC, BTDiamond, Belkin International, Inc., BlueCat Networks, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Brocade Communications Systems, CA Technologies, Inc., Cambium Networks, Ltd, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., CloudGenix Inc., Cradlepoint Inc., D-Link Corporation, DIGICOM TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Digium, Inc., EfficientIP, Emulex Corporation, EnGenius International, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, Inc., Firetide, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Fortress Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, GIGAMON LLC, Genesys, Google Inc., H3C Technologies Co., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, INFOBLOX INC., Intel Corporation, Ixia, Juniper Networks, Inc., LITESCAPE TECHNOLOGIES INC, LSI Corporation, LifeSize Communications, Inc., Logitech international S.A., MELCO HOLDINGS INC., MICROSEMI CORPORATION, Marvell Technology Group Ltd., Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Mitel LLC, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Mojo Networks, Inc., NEC Corporation, NETGEAR, Inc., NetScout Systems, Inc., Netergy Microelectronics, Inc., Nokia Corporation, ONRELAY LIMITED, OneAccess Networks SA, Oracle Corporation, PROXIM WIRELESS CORPORATION, Pexip AS, Polycom, Inc., RELAY2, INC., REVA SYSTEMS CORP, Radware Ltd., Ribbon Communications Inc., Riverbed Technology, Inc., Ruckus Wireless, Inc., Ruijie Networks Co., Ltd., SMC Networks Inc, STRIX SYSTEMS INC, Samsung, SevOne Inc., ShoreTel, Inc., Siemens AG, Silver Peak Systems, Inc. , SolarWinds, Inc., StarLeaf Ltd., TALARI NETWORKS INC, TELoIP, Inc., THINGMAGIC INC, THOMAS ELECTRONICS INC, TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd., Ubiquiti Inc., Unify Inc., VBRICK SYSTEMS INC, VIAVI Solutions Inc., VeloCloud Networks, Inc., Versa Networks, Inc., Vidyo, Inc., Viptela, Inc., ZyXEL Communications Corporation
Meet the Experts
Research Manager, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C)
Vice President, Network Infrastructure