IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides reliable worldwide market analysis data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market, and it outlines how trends in enterprise networks influence communications, mobility, and the increasing consumption of cloud apps and services. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, and distribution channel activity and provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise networking and communications infrastructure.
Enterprise Communications Infrastructure
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Ethernet switches: Speed (GbE, 10GbE, and 25/40/50/100GbE+)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), access/branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; and the impact of emerging trends such as mobility, location services, and IoT
- Cloud-managed networking (Wi-Fi, Ethernet switch, etc.)
- Network performance monitoring and management tools, including analytics and automation platforms
- SD-WAN infrastructure and the emergence of SD-Branch architectures
- Impact of cloud delivery models and applications on the enterprise network, including the drive toward SDN
- Convergence trends: Voice, IP telephony, unified wired and wireless, session border controllers (SBCs), browsers, and WebRTC
- Market-leading enterprise networking equipment suppliers and promising start-ups
- Videoconferencing and telepresence, video content, and delivery infrastructure
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide IP PBX and IP Phone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Forecast and Analysis
- IDC Enterprise Networking Predictions
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Forecast and Analysis
- IDC PlanScape: SD-WAN for Unified Communications
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide SD-WAN Infrastructure Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise WLAN Vendor Analysis
- Worldwide Network Performance Management Market Shares
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
- Worldwide IP PBX Market Shares
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, SD-WANs, voice/data convergence, video, Internet of Things, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of software-defined and cloud-managed IT architectures in building network infrastructure change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
- How will machine learning (and AI) technologies be integrated into enterprise network management products?
- What impact will the emergence of 5G have on enterprise networks?
8x8 Inc., ADTRAN, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Allied Telesis, Inc., Avaya Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., CAMBIUM NETWORKS, INC., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., CommScope, Inc., Cradlepoint Inc., Cybera Inc., Dell EMC, Emulex Corporation, EnGenius International, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, Inc., Firetide, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Gigamon Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infoblox Inc., Intel Corporation, Ixia, Juniper Networks, Inc., LSI Corporation, Lifesize Inc., Logitech International SA, MELCO RESORTS & ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED, MELLANOX TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Microsemi Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Mitel LLC, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NEC Corporation, NETGEAR, Inc., NETSCOUT Systems, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Odin Technologies, Inc., OneAccess Networks SA, Oracle Corporation, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Polycom, Inc., Qualcomm Inc., Radware Ltd., Riverbed Technology, Inc., Samsung, SevOne Inc., Siemens AG, Silver Peak Systems, Inc. , SolarWinds Corp, Strix Systems Inc., VMware, Inc., Zyxel Communications Corp.
Meet the Experts
Research Director, Network Infrastructure
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C)
Vice President, Network Infrastructure