IDC Manufacturing Insights: Asia/Pacific Manufacturing Digital Transformation Strategies research advisory service provides subscribers with the latest trends and developments in transformational IT-led technology choices, approaches, and strategies for the manufacturing sector. This service delivers fact-based research and analysis from IDC Manufacturing Insights' expert analysts to help manufacturers make better-informed business decisions by developing cost-effective information and communication technology (ICT) strategies and tactics to compete and thrive in the global economy. A particular focus is on business IT solution priorities including supply chain management (SCM), manufacturing execution systems (MESs), and product life-cycle management (PLM) and specific industry trends such as Industry 4.0. This service covers how emerging technologies such as cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), and 3D printing are being applied by manufacturers to digitally transform their businesses. Continuous monitoring of the market allows for the identification of key opportunity areas for IT vendors targeting the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (APEJ) manufacturing sectors and for manufacturing companies wishing to keep up to date on regional manufacturing trends and how they should respond.
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Asia/Pacific Manufacturing Digital Transformation Strategies
This service distills market and industry data into decisive analysis from in-depth interviews with industry experts, IDC's annual surveys of more than 400 organizations in the Asia/Pacific region, IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, and ongoing communications with manufacturing CIOs and line-of-business executives and information and communication technology product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, throughout the year, IDC Manufacturing Insights' analysts will work with subscribers to identify and prioritize topics to be covered in the research documents. Our analysts develop unique analysis based on comprehensive data and provide personalized advice for manufacturing executives and ICT vendors to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Best practices on the use of IT and emerging digital technologies to generate revenue, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, gain competitive advantage, and ensure regulatory compliance
- Country-level manufacturing maturity and analysis, helping companies shape their strategies in APEJ
- Key market trends and challenges facing the manufacturing business
- Timely updates on the latest product releases and strategies from leading vendors supplying to the manufacturing industry
- APEJ manufacturing IT spending and purchasing patterns by country, solution, and subindustry
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the latest trends in supply chain management, manufacturing execution systems, and product life-cycle management applications?
- Where are Asia/Pacific manufacturers on their digital transformation journey, and how are they preparing for the future? What do the next steps need to be?
- What are the best practices and benchmarks for key technologies for innovation accelerators such as AR/VR, cognitive/AI, robotics, 3D printing, blockchain, and IoT?
- How can I create value from data for decision making in my manufacturing and supply chain operations?
- Who are the emerging systems integrators and consulting firms for the manufacturing industry — regional, country, and subsegment perspectives?
- What are the current practices and benchmarks for IT investment by manufacturing industry and by country?
- What is the impact of Industry 4.0 on the manufacturing industry? And how effective are government strategies for industrial development that are in place?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights: Asia/Pacific Manufacturing Digital Transformation Strategies research advisory service is ideally suited to support the needs of manufacturing CIOs, senior IT managers, and line-of-business executives. Technology product managers and marketers who support the manufacturing industry will also benefit from timely research findings and analysis from this series. Software vendors and IT service providers can benefit from the research on where the industry is headed and plan their investments and road map accordingly.